Motorcycle accident video | FerrariChat

Motorcycle accident video

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tvrfreak, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
  2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Seems like the car driver was more "aware" and braked and blew his horn.

I get the feeling the bike was stolen, hence the camera following it, and the police swarming all over the place before the dust settled.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Couple of thoughts:

(1) tvrfreak, where do you get all these unique videos?
    (2) Another reminder why, despite my love of motorbikes, I will never buy one
    (3) Don't understand what the pre-footage was, and why the cops were already at the scene of the crime? Can somebody translate?

Very sad.

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    1. I keep my ear very close to the ground. :) Actually, it's mostly from the websites I surf, or friends giving me a heads up.
    2. I had two bikes. Down to one now. Can never be without. Don't you fly despite planes crashing?
    3. Yeah, working on figuring it out. Did you notice that the guy sits up. And there's yelling of some sort ie. pain, or criminal being apprehended. Pre-accident footage looks like it was a drunk-driving stakeout. Apparently not!

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Notice how one cop just "dropped" his bike, yep most likely some sort of sting operation.

6. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Riding a bike (especially Italian) is like an addiction.

So, it's like.......... I get knock out, and I'm up again :D

7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    New theory: I actually think the car that stopped in front of him did so on purpose, as part of the sting. That's why everybody was ready to go as soon as it happened. Only problem: they thought he would stop when he saw the car, not plow right into it.

Seriously. Think about it.

8. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    To me it looks like it stopped and blared its horn to avoid an accident. Don't think it was involved in the sting, or the door(s) would have been flung open and the occupants would have come out right away.

9. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Here's the story: the guy on the m/c was a bank robber. the two guys walking out w/ him at the beginning of the video were 2 bank employees he'd been holding hostage. part of the ransom was the bike. the car that stopped him was an unmarked police car. the dumb sonofa***** thought i'd be a good idea to rob a bank, in Spain, after the terrorist attacks. the cops, obviously were'nt in the mood to **** around.

10. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    That's why the footage exists. Great work! How did you find all that out? Thanks!

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    [Said with an Elvis voice:]

Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen. Thank you very much. :D

12. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Yup, you read that one right! I sure didn't!

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Holy crap. I wasn't ready for that.

14. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    Those wacky Spanish cops ,problem solved. Try that here in the USA and some human rights morons would have a field day. My other favorite video was a few years back when a teacher was being held hostage by a guy with a gun aimed at her in Latin America. A police sniper put a round in his head and solved the problem quick and clean ( sorta ). But gosh, that would be "cruel and inhumane" what a crock.

15. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Anyone else want to get something off their chest?

16. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    That was on the news last nught or the night before, can't remember which.
    Way to go aprehending a bank robber on a bike, run him down!
    What happens if they killed him? Too bad he was a criminal so he deserved it?
    That sucks big time. I for one am glad that that sort of behaviour by the authorities is not tolerated in most developed countries.

17. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    To be honest, I had the same reaction, but bit my tongue.

WFO Racer, I don't agree with what you are saying. In many instances, acts like these are no different than imposing a death sentence. Since bank robbery is not punishable by death, it is clearly wrong to attempt to kill an alleged bank robber.

Sorry you see things in such an extreme light. I know of numerous instances where cops have taken the law into their own hands and destroyed numerous lives. Yes criminals violate the law. But that doesn't mean the people enforcing the law should also violate it. First criminals have to be accorded due process and convicted after a trial by a jury of their peers. Second, punishment has to be imposed by the court, in accordance with the law.

18. Rasputin

Rasputin Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Miami - NY
    In most countries the law works different then in US and this difference starts here:
    In US you are innocent till proven guilty and elsewhere you are guilty till proven innocent, the whole burden of proof and attitude is not what people in US are accustoms to. No judicial system is perfect the bottom line is here we believe that we would rather have 10 criminals on the street then one innocent in jail and they rather have 10 innocent in jail then one criminal on the street
    Just my 2 cents

19. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    How does this justify what happened. I don't think bank robbery is punishable by death in Spain. The concept of innocent until proven guilty stands in most developed countries.

20. Rasputin

Rasputin Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Miami - NY
    Well I wouldn't want to start a debate on what "developed countries" mean, but the reason why something like this has happened is because cops attitude is to stop any criminal with prejudice and in most European countries no matter what the offense is no one wants to go to jail and they will do anything to avoid it, because correctional system is not as plush as it is here

21. CalGTS

CalGTS Karting

Jan 18, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Chris Leigh
    i'm sorry, but your talking out of your arse. no offence indended

22. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Damn, did yall notice that he gets up after doing the flipping. How?

23. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Adrenaline. People have staggered on for a bit after being shot through the heart or losing limbs because of it.

24. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok....guys.

Just a bit of preadvise needed, I have an easily excited heart...., high blood pressure (job related...). I haven't viewed the video yet but somewhat intriqued...How violent was it? Should I?

25. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    It shows a motorcycle running into a car at about 30mph, with the rider being catapulted up and over the car and landing on street. Not terribly violent.