Speed Channel?! | FerrariChat

Speed Channel?!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TheScarletStang, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    For all of us South Orange County F-chatters that watch Speedvision (formula 1 mostly ^_^) Cox communications moved the channel from 65 to 318!!!!
    now 65 is MTV2....i hope ppl that get all the cable channels get Speedvision......for some of us that only get the basic cable up to 70 something are no longer able to get Speed.
    Did this affect you guys?

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I just noticed that right now. I was going to post something. Thank you for answering my question before I even ask it.

3. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Somebody else posted this problem. That sucks, now you'll have to pay more if you want it :(

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I dont get speed anymore and I am ****ing pissed...

5. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Jordan that sux.....well hey if u ever wanna watch the F1 races, I guess you could come over my place and watch it, or we could all set up a place to watch it so all the F-chatters that wanna go can see it.

6. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I'm using comcast for cable tv in the LA area and they cut the speed channel (251) three weeks ago. It used to be just like other channels but now it says not authorized.

7. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    well i guess, by hearing all this, is not cox, it's speedchannel then........anyways it sucks, many people are going to miss the F1. Like my friend sean (TheScarletStang) said, you can watch the F1 with us.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I called COX they put it back on for Free, but I have the Converter box due to HBO. Also they said it is because they are going from Analog to Digital. Either way it is lame, I may go back to Directv.

9. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach

I called cox... They want $3.50 extra per month for the speed channel.

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    In Boston (comcast digital) you have to order the "sports package" to get it, like another $8 a month. In Canada at my family's place it's on the basic digital.