Highest point scoring duel in F1 history? | FerrariChat

Highest point scoring duel in F1 history?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Tifoso1, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    By that I mean any two drivers that scores the most points together on a team. Not just one year, but while they were team-mates. Is MS-RB the most successful duel in F1 history? I think A. Prost-A. Senna McLaren team may have been the most successful duel on a one year bases (1987), but there were only team-mates for 2 years as for Ms-RB, they have been together for 3 going on to 4 now.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well first of all you would have to base the points on the same points system. Then the MS/RB team would be right up there. Probably along with Hakkinen/DC and MS/Irvine.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Not only do you have to normalize the points system, you have to normalize to the number of races being contested.

4. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    You are right, I forgot about that point systems has changed so much throughout the year. What about numbers of 1-2 finishes that has been achieved by a duel?

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    This page explains the point system over the years:
    http://8w.forix.com/6thgear/points.html

I created this table to show how last season would have looked using current and/or previous scoring systems:
    http://www.geocities.com/ferrariwax/f1scoring.htm

If you wish to do some research, keep that page open, open another & choose historical F1 site of your choice.
    Compare totals. If previous totals during any of those matching time periods were higher, or not... you'll arbitrily have your winner without crunching numbers.

Right now, I can't be arsed to do so.