Calling All Cars - Greetings from NYC! | FerrariChat

Calling All Cars - Greetings from NYC!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Black355, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    HELP!

I'm an f-chat member from NYC. I'm hoping that I can get some assistance from some car nuts in California.

My company is producing a show for Spike TV called "52 Favorite Cars". It's a 2-hour special that looks at exotic, unique and fun cars -- cars that every guy should know. You can get some info on the show here:

http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/index.jhtml?seriesID=13169&refID=52cars

and here:

http://www.52favoritecars.com

Here's my dilemma: I need some cars at our host shoot.

Originally, we were planning on shooting our host in NYC at Chelsea Piers. We were gonna close down the pier, fog the place up, and use some hot cars as "set pieces". Thanks in large part to the f-chat crew in NYC, we had a TON of really, really hot cars lined up for the shoot. About 2 dozen, actually... Now that we're moving west, I'm looking for some folks who might be able to "donate" their hot cars to the shoot. Ideally, we're looking for a few exotics, a few customs, a few muscle cars and a few hot rods. Maybe some ultra-luxury cars or other classics -- we want a nice "array" for our shoot.

The plan, as it stands, is to shoot in Santa Monica on April 19th or April 20th. We're still working out the logistics of the shoot, but at the very least will have a detailer & washer and can offer lower-third credit for the car and a mention in the credit crunch at the end of the show.

If you've got a nice car that loosely fits the above "wish list", or know someone that does and might have the day off on 4/19 and/or 4/20 please let me know.

You can PM me here or send me an e-mail: [email protected]

Oh, and some manufacturers (like Lamborghini in particular) have been very supportive of this shoot, but I'd rather talk with owners and enthusiasts.

THANKS!!

PS: Don't forget to tune in on May 9th at 10pm

2. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
  3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    E-mail sent.

DL

4. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ditto

Cheers
    Kevin

5. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Im interested ^_^

6. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    If the interested parties are on AIM you can reach me at "kennyherman"- I should be able to explain most if not all of the details as to the shoot and what not.