612 Scaglietti Buyer's Question | FerrariChat

612 Scaglietti Buyer's Question

Discussion in '612/599' started by ghost, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    We've talked a lot about the 612, but I don't know anybody that has one on order? Any forum members put their deposit down, or better yet, getting delivery soon? Understand there is an 18 month waitlist now. :eek:

What sort of options are available, apart from shields, leather headliner, etc?

FYI, May 2004 issue of Car & Driver has a review of the 612S.

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    kizdan works for Cauley. He would probably be the best one to answer some of those questions. Are you thinking of making the plunge?

I can't wait to see the reviews on it.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Not for a while Chris. I just got my 355B, and am lovin' every minute of it. But I'm just curious, because I realized that while there has been a lot of talk, opinions, and reviews on the 612S, I haven't heard of anybody in our 6,000+ member forum indicating that they've bought one.

A little unusual I would think. Aren't first deliveries this summer?

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    You're right - that is a little unusual. But I'm not sure when they will begin delivering them.

Nice choice of Ferrari BTW. I LOVE F355's. That was the model that hooked me forever. I almost wish I had never been in one because now everything sucks. I hope you give it frequent exercise :)

5. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    maybe people are afraid of getting bashed since most of this board seems to hate it :) i like it more than the 575 and as much as the 456.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I have a deposit (5k) for late fall '05 delivery.
    Don't know what options will be available and it is very sad that guys with 612 orders are afraid to admit to having them on a supposedly Ferrari enthusiast web site.

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    absent rules

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Thanks for the input absent. The more I see the car, the more I am really starting to like it. Just read in Automobile magazine that first deliveries stateside will be in September '04. It also has a nice review and some lovely shots of the car.

Will try to scan and upload, although size limitations may prevent.

9. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    If you had a $250K car on order that most people pick apart without having seen it, would you cop to it? I'm sure there are plenty of people on here going for it.

According to Forbes: "Ferrari will send 120 to 130 612s to the United States in the first year, but 200 orders have already been placed; the first 18 months' supply is sold."

Come on you F-chatters, come out of the closet on your 612 orders.......

10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Sorry for the late reply on this thread. I happen to have the first 612 order at FoCF in Orlando. My delivery time is probably around September. I have not heard of any options yet, neither have I been told to pick a color by the dealer.

I have been thinking of a few different color combinations, but I have not settled on a choice as of now. I would appreciate some recommendations from fellow F-chatters of what color combinations would be appropriate for the 612S.

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    They will have sat. nav. either as standard or an option, I know that. It is going to have a lot of similar refinements and luxury gadgets that yreally make it a contender for a cross-country cruiser.

12. Campione

Campione Rookie

Apr 19, 2004
    TürkiyE
    Full Name:
    JeMK
    I've seen the car in red/tan and it looks great. I think the blue/tan is nice too. Whereas the 456 seems to look better in darker colors only, that's not the case with the 612. I have also seen it in a silver/blue and did not like it however. Let us know what you decide?

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The rich metallic colors seem to compliment it best!

That said, WTF, go holographic!!!! WOW!

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Here are some of the choices I have been thinking about

Silver with red
    Black with red
    Ingrid alloy with crema and dk blue piping
    Ingrid grigio with crema and dk brown piping
    yellow with tan

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Blue looks good ...

Pete

16. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I don't like it in yellow. I like the sound of Ingrid alloy with crema and dk blue piping

17. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    thankyouthankyouthankyou for not saying red/tan or red/black!!

sometimes the crema looks tooo white tho? maybe a light tan/biscuit with piping combined with the ingrid grigio?
    should not really be an issue, but the yellow could be a slow sale down the road........

Whatever; Congratulations on choosing a Beautiful Ferrari!

James