WRIST-WATCH PICTURES of watches costing more than $5000+ ONLY | FerrariChat

WRIST-WATCH PICTURES of watches costing more than $5000+ ONLY

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Hubert888, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Here are some watches that I own myself. My brother or I took the nice pics.

1st one is my Panerai 65. Platinum Radiomir 42mm with Big Date. Limited edition of 99 pieces. Retailed for like $24,000 in 2000.

2nd one is my IWC Portugese Perpetual Calendar 25th Cellini Anniversary edition 42mm watch in stainless steel. Limited edition of 25 pieces. Made to commemorate Cellini's 25th anniversary of being an IWC authorized dealer last year. My brother and I each have one. Retailed for $19,999 in 2003.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'll sell you my Casio for $ One Million Dollars !!!!!! Place Dr Evil Laugh here :)

3. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    [Darth550] That was just WRONG!!

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Yea nice one Zack, good job i was just with my two little lads just then reading F Chat.

5. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I posted this pic of my AP watch a few weeks ago. It retailed for $45,400 a few months ago when I got it. I wish I had a better pic of it bcz this pic does it no justice. The diamonds are E colored, but don't look like they are in this pic...

6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Patek Philippe Sky/Moon :)

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So are you bragging about how much you spent to tell time? Or is there a point to this thread? Seems a little pompus to me, but hey..we all have our issues.

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    That Sounds strange comming from a ferrari owner. One could say ...so are you bragging about how much you spend on traveling from A to B. .... It all goes hand in hand. I think.

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

Well I think you know that is quite different. I don't and many people on this site don't brag about their Ferrari's. But to post a thread with only watches worth over 5000 can be showen..to me shows a bit of snobbery. I have a watch that is worth over 5 thousand dollars, but I don't feel the need to make a thread about it on a car chat web site either.
    If I want to talk watches I would go to a watch chat board (if one exsits)

This is like sombody posting thread on this site were only people that own 300k Ferrari's can post.

I sorry if I'm causeing problems but this type of thing really get under my skin sometimes. It just comes across as a "better then you" type of thing.

10. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #10 Sfumato, Apr 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Tbakowsky.Its good to get things of ya chest dude. god knows i do it my self. I see the angle ya comming from.

12. JBL

JBL Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    #12 JBL, Apr 10, 2004
  13. ninyo

ninyo Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Here's a watch that costs more than 5000 USD.
    I don't own one, but it sure is a very nice watch.

14. Johns

Johns Guest

Nov 2, 2003
    nj/nyc
    Full Name:
    Johnny East
    Royal Oak's are AMAZIN watches, my neighbor has a 1 of 1 royal oak. insane!

15. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    And how much did you spend on a car? Kia cars work just fine. The point here is that some fine timepieces are also "works of art" made by true artisans. Why buy an original painting when a plain paper poster would suffice?

Of course to each their own and in life we have choices. Thank goodness for capitalism :)

16. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    G*D I love AP watches! I was very close to buying the bottom left one (it was a tossup between it and a blue face one they have) before I eventually ended up getting the one I posted above. I'm sure I will end up getting it too someday though, as AP watches are by far my favorite.

17. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Somebody who spends tons of money to get from point A to point B is criticizing others for spending tons of money to tell time? That makes a lot of sense..

18. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Here is some serious bling. I bet Allanlambo would have loved these. :D

I took these photos while having a look in the jewellery department of Harrod's in London last September.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think Tom was just trying to say how the title came across. I don't think price necessarily correlates with quality and artistic merit. However, it most often does and we've had plenty of watch threads, so I think we were just going for high end watches in this thread in some words or another. Comparing watches, houses, cars, and etc. just on price is a little shallow IMHO.

20. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    enjoythemusic, that sky/moon watch looks interesting. Is it supposed to change from nighttime to daytime?

-DC

21. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #21 ATBNM3, Apr 10, 2004
  22. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Those are called Moon Phase complications. They keep track of the moon cycle.

23. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
  24. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    The reason why I started this thread is because I am a watch collector and appreciate the art and craftsmanship of fine watches. I am not particularly interested in viewing pictures of watches that the every day John Doe wears.

It's just like cars....if you love exotic cars and would only want to see pics of exotic cars on your thread, you would say please post pics of exotics and not those of Kia, Hyundai, etc...

I am not trying to me a snob or anything. If you aren't interested in the thread or feel like you are threatened in any way, then do not click on the thread. I apologize if you think that it was my intention to brag about what kind of watch I wear, but that was not the case.

As a watch collector, there are many pictures of expensive watches floating on the internet, but seeing personal photographs of expensive watches that their owners took is hard to come by and art itself. And again I will make another analogy to exotic cars again. Everyone can see pictures of the Enzo released by Ferrari itself. But seeing unique pictures of Enzos that people have photographed themselves, for example all the pictures of owner's Ferraris on this website, is always exciting to look at.

And I agree with what other people have already responded about....that just because users of this chat board post pictures of their F cars doesn't mean they are bragging about their ride. It means they share in the passion for F cars.

25. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    enjoythemusic: The Sky/Moon is my favourite in the world. Thanks.