F40LM at open house | FerrariChat

F40LM at open house

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Roland E Linder, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I'll have the LM at the Go Fast open house this coming Friday the 16th.
    It's in Denver I 25 and 58th ave. I hope that the weather will be nice because today., I have 6 " of the white stuff...
    Happy Easter, I hope that you have colored the eggs before tossing them out.
    Roland
    F40LM

2. vsnqust

vsnqust Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Next to roland
    Check the weather yet?? Hope we don't have snow like today. Hey got anymore firewood??

3. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hi Todd,
    Got plenty more and you know where to get it...I didn't plow your drive way to be sure that the 355 stays inside...Let's ride together Friday weather permitting.
    Dis Wyatt help to shovel the snow ??
    Happy Easter
    Roland

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Snow? I drove the car Friday to the dealer (and test drove the 400i in the rain) and a little today. Those Goodyear Eagle F1's work great in the wet. Roland, doen't the LM have a built in snow plow?

Of course, it really needs a wash now.

5. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You bet and we just installed a new one...the color of the carbon in the snow is just spectacular !!! ground clearence is my problem...
    Glad that you liked the 400 I. For that kind of money, where will you find a nicer car ??? I sure miss mine.
    I count on you for PPIR, we need more F car at that event.
    Happy Easter
    Roland and Helene

6. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Well, to get a little off topic, I found a reason not to drive in bad weather around here. My polished aluminium wheels are covered in tiny dots that wont polish off. I tried cleaner wax, Mothers Polish, and some other aluminium polish (help!) Either the chemicals from the highway or just thousands of tiny nicks from road debris. No marks on the painted parts of the wheels.

Roland, I will try to make PPIR, but wont get up there to see the LM this Friday. Does carbon fiber just melt the snow away as you drive through it? You know I will drive it in the snow for you. Maybe we could take it up Pike's Peak?

7. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms

I sit here drawing up the mental image of that "Cow Catcher" shaving the snow off at a perfect 4" depth, flipping it up slightly where it is inhaled into the driver cooling ducts and deposited, at great velocity, into the drivers mid-section. Perfect sunny day drive in the F40, with white out conditions inside! Bet that wakes you up in the AM!

8. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Dave should write a book, but before that, I should have a HEATER !!! Now,
    I'm freezing my butt in the car and in a month, I'll be sweating like a ..no, I can say that word, I'll save it for the BBQ !!! I wish that an Ac could be mounted but the engine is to low in the frame for that...
    See you at Scuderia Rampante this week with Rana and his F40.
    Roland
    F40LM