Saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile driving. | FerrariChat

Saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile driving.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    My son and I saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile driving around our neighborhood again,yesterday. Thats the 2nd time in a month. So,it must be based around here,or,for awhile,anyway. And,when I find it,you can count on some pretty funny pictures! :)

2. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    When my brother worked at Autoweek he did a "test" on the weinermobile. My daughter, who was about three at the time, was thrilled when he brought it over and gave her a ride.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Frank, I want a picture of your 308 in front of the Wienermobile. With you and your son on either side eating a hot dog, of course. Aim for next year's calendar!

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thats what I was thinking! A most cool pic. of a couple of "Franks" eating HotDogs by the Weinermobile,with our "Red Hot" car. Priceless! Junior is laughing his little tushy off about that one! That will be my quest for this week! Back in the late 80's,I had a red '85 Corvette. This car was hot. Had a 383 stroker,4:88 rear end, TSI super Trans.the works. She really flew.(TERRIBLE on gas,but,Oh Well! ) Was driving home from work one sunny day,and came up upon a Weinermobile. We were side by side,both "gassing it" a little.Punching it,then he punched it. Really funny. I laughed all the way home. :)

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Maybe that's kind of a theme for the 2005 calendar: Our cars with other vehicles. Not to make it too much of a point, but it could be fun for some cars. Yours with the Wienermobile, Tod's with some fighter jet and I have already an idea where I'll park mine next to. But won't tell it just yet. But should look awesome.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm thinking...Rockets!!!! :)

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,I'm really hoping that it (Weinermobile) is still around here somewhere so that I can get some pix. If not,I'll always come up with something....:)

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Rockets would be lovely, but hard to find around here. Hmm, let me think, maybe of the Army kind. Hmm, yes, that would work. Patriot missile launcher. Bingo! Next May...

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    There's got to be a way to see what the WienerMobile's schedule is. That could be a pretty funny photo op, with all our cars. Plus, I always like a good hot dog!

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yeah, it is a Wiener mobile (as in Vienna, or Wien, Austrian capital), not a Weiner mobile (as in Wein or wine). Although a Weiner mobile would be fun too.

Reminds me of a typo in the Berghoff restaurant's menu: They offered once (meanwhile corrected) a Weiner Schnitzel. No! I don't want my Schnitzel to be whining. I want it to come from Vienna.

Ok, nuff silly talk.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    There was an Oscar Meyer Weinermobile Pedal Car ForSale at the Chevy/Vettefest today. But,It was VERY old,faded,scratched up. $200.00 OBO