Are there any nice Testarossa's for sale? | FerrariChat

Are there any nice Testarossa's for sale?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by silverf1modena, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Do you guys know of any niceTestarossa's for sale? Preferably 88.5(w/5lug wheels)-90 w/good service history. Would like to keep the miles under 20K unless it is really fairly priced and in GREAT condition. My friend is now in the market for one and asked me to find out. Preferably red. ThanX guys!!! Oh and to the peeps who have been so helpful in my other thread, I truly appreciate it!!!
    Oh and his budget is set right at around 65K.

2. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Algar Ferrari in Rosemont, PA has a red/tan '89 redhead with 14k miles. They were asking $75k, but I suspect they'd move on price.

3. silverf1modena

Thanx alot! I'll be sure to have my buddy look in to that!

4. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I know of an 87... But that's not what you want.

5. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Why under 20k?

IMHO, any auto/engine is meant/designed to be driven!

E.g:
    90 TR with 5k vs. 90 TR w/ 20k:

I'll take the 20k auto. -ANY DAY

Let any 90 auto (garage queen) sit 14 years, and it will have tons of problems
    - rubber rot, seal shrinkage, oil & fluid oxidation, corrosion factors, hey a lot of it is aluminium, - etc.

The vehicle that is properly driven, with routine service, will be the far, far better auto.

An 88.5 with under 20k miles has been driven an average of what?
    One k a year?

Let me put it this way:

Forget the name FERRARI:

Lets consider a Fiero. - An 86 that has 15k miles and therefore still has the original tires, battery, belts, hoses and air/oil/fuel filters.

Are you going to drive it?
    If so, please let me sell you one.

Just my 2c.

6. silverf1modena

Thanx! I pretty much had the idea. It's just I am only posting what my friend wanted. I have no problem with a 20K mile motor as what you said ia all correct, unless there is one that has low miles and all the services have been done accordingly and not just by the miles. If that was the case it would be ok. But, that is my opinion too. If I were to get one, i would want one in the 15-20K mile range with all the services. But again, this is for a friend. But i appreciate your input. All and any input is valuable to me. Oh but he does want an 88.5-90 due to the 5 lug wheels and suspension upgrades. So if any leads to these cars, that would be great. Even better, if the car was located in California. thanX!

7. silverf1modena

Oh and a red one would be nice with any color interior.^_~!

8. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
  9. silverf1modena

Thanx alot Chuck on the leads. Anymore leads would be greatly appreciated!