Please help a Southern Californian | FerrariChat

Please help a Southern Californian

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bart, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Starting this Wednesday, I will be in either Austria or Germany. This will be my first time in Europe. During this time it would be nice to drive a Ferrari on the world famous Autobahn. It would be fun to drive it between a couple of cities. My daughter and me will use the trains most likely. I will be going to Ulm, Germany, my direct male’s ancestor homeland.

Whom do I contact to do this?

Is it to late to do this?

Never drive less than 12 cylinders

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Bart,

thanks for your PM and I think its no problem and you are not too late.
    Here are a few Ferrari Rentals:

Austria / Salzburg:
    http://www.rent-a-ferrari.at/preise.htm
    Austria / Insbruck:
    http://www.ferrarivermietung.at/360_spider.htm
    Germany / Kirchen-Hausen:
    http://www.special-cars.de/
    Germany / online rental:
    http://www.classiccarrent.de/index.html
    Germany / Mainz
    http://www.hollywood-cars.de/

Try to get in touch with one of them and my personal advice would be: http://www.special-cars.de/

Good Luck & enjoy the german "Autobahn".
    But please TAKE CARE if you are not used in high-speeding!!!!!!!!

3. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I just found out that I could really make money if I would rent out my Ferrari.

:)

Good luck on your stay in Germany Bart! It would be nice if we could meet somewhere next time. (if you are a little bit closer to Belgium/Netherlands).

Ton

4. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Yes, you can, Ton... but... I know you won't! :)
    Personally I wouldn't do it either!
    Don't get me wrong,... I'm happy that it's possible to rent a Ferrari in Belgium. That way I can enjoy the feeling of driving one from time to time and surely I always thread it with care... but... unfortanetely not everybody does... :(
    I heard some very bad stories about different rental Ferrari's... The F355 Spider I drive once a year has been seriously damaged two times already. The clutch, tires and leather of the poor car suffer a lot when some people drive it...
    So... if I had one myself I would surely offer rides for some people but... never let a stranger drive my car! Of course, you can earn a lot of money with it...

I've seen the German websites! You can rent an Enzo there?!?!? Crazy!!!
    In Belgium, cars like the F40 and Diablo are normally only available on request... and only with someone to accompagnie/assist you...

5. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Oh, and Bart...,
    The German "autobahn" is great! I really enjoy driving there! I did it last summer with the (rental)F355! Great! In my country, there's often too many traffic and speedtraps to drive fast safely... and Germany isn't that far away...
    Of course, it's never really safe, but if the road isn't too crowded or empty and you know your own limit... go for it! Enjoy!

6. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Alex,

I see that you are from Sint Niklaas (B). Next time when I am there with the Ferrari I will take you for a ride.

Ton

7. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Ton,

Seriously? You really want to do that? That would be really fantastic! :D Thanks already!

Hey, can I ask you a little question? Some sunday about 12u last year I saw a red 328GTS passing by when I entered the E313 in Paal/Beringen in the direction of Antwerpen. I was on my way from my girlfriend's parents home to Sint-Niklaas. The Ferrari drove just a little above the speed limit (130/140km/u) so I could easily follow and enjoy the sight and sound from a discrete distance for a while... To my big surprise, the car stayed on the highway to Antwerpen, then took the Ring, went trough the Kennedytunnel and continued his way to the E17 in the direction of Gent... I was so happy I could enjoy the sight and sound of that car just a bit longer... :) I don't wanted to be a stalker, but he was on the same road AND at the same speed I ussualy drive at that moment... When we came near the exit of Sint-Niklaas I was already saying goodbye in my mind, 'caus I thought he would go further to Gent but... he took the exit Sint-Niklaas too. A bit further I took a turn to the center while the nice 328GTS went in the direction to Temse on the N16... so I flashed my turning signals from a distance once to say goodbye... I ussually do that when seeing a Ferrari, don't know why ;):);o just have to do it... However the driver didn't see it... I was too far at that moment... and I continued to drive home, happy I saw and could follow a Ferrari again... for about 90km!

Now... since I conclude out of your reply, you know Sint-Niklaas and you've been there before??? And you live in Limburg. Is there a change maybe, that the car and driver I saw that day... was actually... you? :D Would be a nice coincidence! I didn't take a good look at the license plate, was blinded by the car... :)

8. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Alex,

Yes, that was me! I think that I can even remember the fact that you followed me for a long way.

next time flash again!

Ton

9. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Thanks. I have contacted the one in Salsburg. THat is where my daughter teaches. This should be fun.

Thanks again.

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Bart,
    you are welcome;
    enjoy your vacation & meeting your daughter.Have fun at the "autobahn" and maybe you can drop us some pics here after you are well back:)

11. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    I was there about 6 months ago, I didnt have as much "fun" as I thought I would on the autobahn. Between Stuttgart and Munich there were not many places to speed. A girl at my hotel in Stuttgart told me that heavy traffic was pretty common on the autobahns too. One bit of advice I can give from my experience... when you are in the left lane, keep your eye on your rearview mirror, cause the folks that drive Audi's haul ass! AND, they will get up on you SO fast, going 120mph, that you cant even see thier headlights. It will scare the crap out of you the first time it happens. Also, you can get speeding tickets on the bahn. To me, Italy seemed to be THE place to speed. I dont think that they have driving rules in that country. Grandmas will pass you up going 100+ around a curve and heading into a tunnel!!! No kidding. Enjoy you vacation!

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    The Autobahn between Stuttgart - Munich is always busy, thats right. But there are many more routes to drive and on early Saturday & sunday morning its free without any traffic. And please, there are also sometimes speed limits (signed on the right & left side)!!!!
    Italy is always and everywhere SPEEDLIMIT!!!!!!!!!
    The tickest are f***** expensive!!!! And most of the tunnels are with radar traps!!!! When you got a high-speed ticket in Italy they confiscate your car!!! No more driving, big problems and big cash....to leave the countrry without the car!!!!

Enjoy & take care!

13. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    :) Small world... Sorry for "following" you... :eek:
    I will surely flash again next time...
    CU in Overpelt too...