NE websites for TSB's on Chevy Tahoe's? | FerrariChat

NE websites for TSB's on Chevy Tahoe's?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dr C, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    NE websites for TSB's on Chevy Tahoe's? I know that TSB's have been discussed for a number of vehicles. Google search? How do you find this kind of stuff? Maybe a forum like this one but for Tahoe's?

2. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
  3. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thanks.

I think that I found exactly what I was looking for -- a simple solution (clean the throttle body) to a gas peddle that only sticks when you first start it up when cold.

4. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Actually, there is a different fix for the cable actuated throttle bodies. It entails adjusting the throttle blade and installing a rubber plug in the blade itself.

I work for a GMC dealership so I have access to all of the bulletins and preliminary info documents straight from GM, so I can help with any info.

Dave

5. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Dave:
    It is covered by a TSB or some such thing? The links above had numeous references to cleaning the throttle body. I don't relish the idea of paying my dealer 100's to fix it.

On several occasions, immediately after starting the Tahoe (2001), my wife says that the throttle feels like it won't move, then suddenly does move. After that it's just fine. It hasn't done it for me yet.

Your thoughts?

echrist

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sorry, I reread my post and it wasn't very clear. Yes, the basic fix is to clean the throttle bore. The part I refered to was intended to keep it from happening again. The flaw is the small opening the blade is set at speeds up the crud buildup that every T/B gets. I can print it out and get a plug (can't be more than $2-$3) but if you have even the slightest mechanical ability, which you appear to have if you're looking for TSB's, then I'd just clean it. This fix was for customer satisfaction,you know, the people who don't even know where the hood release is! ;) LOL! It wouldn't be a bad idea to do it every other oil change. I just use an old toothbrush and a can of carb cleaner spray. It also makes a world of difference in idle quality, which you'll definitely see if yours is bad enough to be sticking.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.
    Dave