F355 Alarm Codes | FerrariChat

F355 Alarm Codes

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 355fiorano, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I have been having some problems with my alarm and was wandering if anyone has any insight.

On two occasions when my car was parked in the same location in Chelsey, the key fob was not able to disarm the alarm eventhough it works perfectly (red light flashing and new bateries) and i had to have the car towed (the first time was my first few hours with the car and I was just heartbroken, couldnt sleep all nignt). I know it is the area as everythign is fine once the car is moved a few blocks. In speaking to Ferrari UK the person told me that that specific area is a problem. He use to work for AFN before and had similar occurances. The theory is that there is some MI5 ops underground that mess the signal (stig is it you ?). Anyway, I diagress ...

Initially I did not have the actual pin code that I needed to enter using the ignition key (many thaks here to Izza & smpaton for all their hours spent on the phone trying to help me out !). I then asked for my code from Ferrari UK. I tried using it this weekend however, as a trial run but unfortunately it did not work. The way i understand it from the manual is that I insert the key and leave it for 20+ secs at "zero" or "off" position. I then turn the key to the click just before the final ignition step and back, for as many cycles as the first number of my code. The key finishes in the "zero" or off position. I then repeat this for the other numbers of the code, waiting for over 4 secs between numbers. I should then hear the alarm beep and the alarm/immobilizer should be disabled.... Well not in my case.

Does anyone have any experiece of this. Am i doing it right? Did Ferrari give me the wrong code? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Clearly, not going back there is something I have figured out myself by now but i am worried it may happen elsewhere and i will be stuck.

Cheers
    Philip

2. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I am trying my PIN code also to program new remotes, no luck. Your procedure seems correct based on my manual and is what I am following.

Ever get it to work?

3. 355BOY

355BOY Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    the North
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is it parked near a Police, abulance or Fire Station?

I had the same problem at a carpark, luckily managed to get the fob to work after about half an hour.

Mark

4. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I called Ferrari and they told me I was using the wrong pin. They then told me the correct one. I tried it and again it did not work !!! I'm stuck. I will probaly need to take it in to find the fault.

As for it being next to a police statoin it was not but apparently the area has some communications station nearby which effects many cars. Irrespective, if the fob does not work then the cosdes should do it ...

Philip

5. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    In my garage, trying to program new remotes..all is fine...but I would be in bad shape if it were parked somewhere!!