Hanging out w/ Costa @ FX Performance | FerrariChat

Hanging out w/ Costa @ FX Performance

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Had a great impromptu day today hanging out with Costa, Lucio, Byron, Jean Louis, Rick, Jerry, and Edward at FX Performance. This was not planned and happened totally by coincidence!

I was planning to go with Edward (he owns the grigio gray 348) to check on my 360 which is undergoing some additions and alterations at FX Performance. As luck would have it - Byron was already in L.A. when I called to tell him about the 456 at Crystal Cove. I managed to convince him to forego all his planned errands for the day to come hang out :). He must have told JL as he showed up shortly thereafter. Then Rick (F40) and Jerry drove up in Rick's F40 to have it aligned. Before we knew it - lunch time rolled around so we all headed over to Costa's favorite Italian restaurant in Brentwood - Toscano. Had a great meal, great conversation, and a great time!

Women will never understand what it's like to hang out with the guys in a performance shop and do nothing except talk about cars, look at cars, and simply do nothing except loiter with your buddies! Days like this are what it's all about! :)

Nice seeing you guys. We'll have to do it again soon!

P.S. Here is a pic of the new Capristo "track" exhaust on the car. It sounds incredible!!

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Congradulations on the car. It was nice to see you today.

Tony

3. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Here are some pics of the car with no bumper which is being repainted due to stone chips and some curb rash on the underside. Looks kind of funny without it :)! Aaaahh ... such a beautiful piece of machinery in the background!!

Tony - Great seeing you today as well!

4. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Beautiful car Jeffrey. Glad you guys had a good time. :) Costa has graciously invited me down a few times, I just have been unable to make it,but one of these days.

Secondly, why are you getting the bumpers painted if you are going for the bodykit?

5. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Sounds like a blast

6. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Sounds like you guys had alot of fun. Jeffrey, do you have any pics of the car when you first got it? I'm sure we would all love to see them.

7. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    It was fun getting together yesterday, jeffrey.
    Your 360 is awesome - the capriston is amazing! Can't to see all the pieces painted and mounted.

It was a coincidence I was in the area, but it was nice to "loiter" and hang around with the guys - Rick, Jerry, JL, Costa, Edward, Lucio - always a pleasure!

J, let me know if you want those wheels... I spoke to my contacts and they can still get them - 2 weeks out, I believe.

B.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Costa for letting us hang out - We all had a good time. Jeffrey - The car looks amazing - Congrats! Love the sound of the new Capristo! Also dig the SUV! :)

Great talking to you Edward - Hope you made it on time for the wedding!

Byron give me a call when the new ride arrives! JL - Thanks for bringing the blue 348 - Love the color!

Rick - Fun as always - Glad the car is handling much better now.

9. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Ryan - The front bumper had a few small stone chips (which I hate) and the black part underneath had some curb rash. The front spoiler piece I am getting (hopefully) is the winglet that attaches underneath the factory front bumper. If you look at Novitec's website you will see two versions of the front bumper - one where it is a whole new piece and another where there is a winglet added underneath the bumper (similar to Hamann's design). I like that one better so painting the factory front bumper needed to be done anyway until I receive the winglet piece (which will then painted and installed underneath the factory bumper). The rear bumper is being painted completely. If you look at regular 360's the underside diffuser area is all black. If you look at the Novitec car - it is all body color. I am having that area painted yellow. Again this is a necessary step. When I receive the rear winglet it will be painted and installed.

10. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Believe it or not David - I did not shoot any pics! The only ones I have are the ones I posted. Pretty sad huh?

11. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Thank you for the clear explanation as always. I thought you were going for the full front bumper, but now that you explained you are getting the other one, makes perfect sense.

Enjoy your car in good health :)

*Keeping fingers crossed that Jeffrey keeps both yellow hotties * :eek:

And what is the SUV Jerry mentions, spill the beans with some pics :D

12. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Very sweet Jeffrey, I agree the Capisto exhaust makes the underside look as nice as the top side. Just be sure to keep the yello "shiny side" up. Wonderful car and surprise surprise it's yellow. Nothing like making a statement hunh? Keep us posted when she's finished and on her way to CC.

Jerry and Rick- Sorry I missed you guys. Haven't seen the rides in a while and can't wait to get another chance to drool and can't wait to give Jerry an article claiming the TR as "the sexiest car in history". I cut it out from a Road and Track a few months ago.

Byron- Keep us posted on ETA!

Edward- Would like to have heard you ride again. Doing CC anytime soon? Euro Sunday?

-Jay.

13. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey

14. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Next on MTV- The fabulous life of Jeffrey!!!!

15. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

HAHAHAHHAHA!

Jeffrey, nice rig, but I am surprised it is not in your face yellow! What were you thinking man? :eek:

You need a Yellow H1 :D

16. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #16 LAfun2, Apr 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Oh well. Beautifull car though, shoot pics as soon as you get the front painted.

18. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    A yellow H2 is like a red Ferrari. Nothing wrong with it but it is the color everyone associates with the brand. I wanted something different - hence the burnt orange H2 and the yellow F-cars! :)

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Great car nonetheless, but I associate you with more of the H1 baller crew :D

20. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    Thanks for showing up to all of you guys, it was a great day and i finally had the chance to drive my first H2; very cool and very well customized by Jeffrey. BTW i had more fun testing Rick's monster!! The F40 is always the F40.

Costa