Finally, F355GTS | FerrariChat

Finally, F355GTS

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by k wright, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    From Ebay,

Fianlly took the good advice of this forum and bought the car, not a rebuild or prior crash or any other story. Need rec.s for a transporter from CA to North East TN, I would like to get the car as soon as possible. Also, how should I pay for it? The seller doesn't have a Paypal accout, is it possible for my bank to transfer money to a Paypal account that will hold it in escrow until the car gets here?

Thanks for your help.

ken

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    If the seller doesn't have a paypal account, then you shouldn't consider paypal as an intermediary, since there is no way for the money to reach him. Regarding costs and paypal: the cost of fees will be much more than a bankwire. Paypal isn't an escrow service, so you might want to search around for a reputable escrow service.

Best of luck, and congrats!

3. I picked my car up from LA. I flew out there and made sure the car was not a POS and drove it out to Vegas where I put it on an enclosed transport to Chicago ($1200). Then I spent the rest of the time in strip clubs and massage parlors.

4. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Pretty darn funny. I don't have time to go out and get the car. Any rec.s on an escrow service and info on how this works?

Thanks again,

ken

5. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Congrats on the car. Can't wait to see the pics :)

6. I would at least fly out there and check the car out then pay with a bank check. Arrange to have the car dropped off at the near by transport service and take a taxi back to the airport. This should only take up a day ...unless a day of your time is worth more than a potential 75g mistake.

7. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Passport Transport it is, thanks for the Rec. From CA to TN in 7-12 days.