Needed Dennis McCann email address please | FerrariChat

Needed Dennis McCann email address please

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Peppi, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peppi

Peppi Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    UK Wales Cardiff
    Doing 30,000 miles service on mondial t 1993 uk model ,I have the www.allferrariparts .com site , but I would like to have the email address if anyone could kindly give it to me I will much appreciate it , just need it so as I can order some various parts for the complete service as in belts, bearings,etc, many thanks for your replies.

2. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    Mc Cann's # is (614) 855-1103, located in Westerville, Ohio. Another supplier in Ohio is George Evans and, of course, is T Rutland in Ga.

3. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

4. Peppi

Peppi Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    UK Wales Cardiff
    Thankyou all for your responce to my request , I did send a message for the parts that I needed to Dennis McCann via the email site which shaneB kindly gave to me over a week ago on the web page but I have had no replie for over a week now , so I just wanted to see if anyone has an email address to send another message of to Mr Dennis McCann ,rather than use the email site for ordering? , anyway thankyou again for all of your help ,I will try again via the email site , Thanks kindly Peppi.

5. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Hi Peppi. They are a small business and you will get a quicker response by telephone. I would give them a call. Good luck.

6. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Peppi,

I would give a call and forego the email. I was at Mcann's last week and meet Dennis and his wife. Very nice people and passionate about what they do, but I would say rather reclusive. Amazing what they have stored at their warehouse, you say the engine and they've got it. It was a fun way to spend some time looking at all the ferrari parts. You could also call NJB associates and speak with Jack Babbit or Craig Reed (ferrari repair only) as they are located directly across the street from Mcann's and are over there for parts all the time. 614-891-5678

7. Peppi

Peppi Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    UK Wales Cardiff
    Hi guys , thankyou ShaneB and Robert for your kind responce, I have sent them another email yesterday ,so I will leave it for a couple of days if no joy then I will give a ring as you have both suggested, I wish I could go in the shop and see all those Ferrari parts to hand would be quiet a nice site,anyway I have now began to remove the engine on my mondial t to do the 30,000 mile service ,so I will use my time to removing the engine and preparing for the new parts also loads of careful cleaning to do because my engine looks pretty dull at present ,people ask me to show them the engine but i dreaded it because it looked so dull in so the appearence of the Ferrari engine was put to shame ,so I will do my best so that it does not happen in future hope to get the engine looking smart I hope. I have taken loads of pictures and I have documented my progress as it goes ,when I have a moment I will post for those whom are intrested in the process of engine removal on a mondial t 1993 .

So Robert you have meet Dennis at his place of work, that must have been a nice experience seeing all those Ferrari parts, Robert could you do me a favour only if you have a moment could you put in a little word in for me to Dennis if you could please just ask him for me if he has received my emails or not for the service parts if you cannot Robert not to worry ,thankyou all the same , ciao for now regards Peppi.

8. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    My advice is to stick with phone calls or Faxes as that is what Dennis told me he prefers. I have had great luck with Dennis. It seems they are not answering the phone on Fridays tho. Once he answered early Sat morn. and I apologized for bothering him! She takes the orders usually and does a great job. You can tell it is kinda of a mom and pop but I would much rather send my doough to that type of business versus the one in my home state that routinely charges twice what Dennis does and is more corporate in nature.

The last time I ordered a part they only charged me about half the qouted price, never more!

Does he really have entire engines? Should I ask him about wheels?

9. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Peppi, I am going to NJB tomorrow to see Jack Babbit so I can stop and see Dennis for you since he is across the street. Hopefully he will be there. But, what is your full name and where are you located? You have nothing filled out in your personal profile. Robert

10. Peppi

Peppi Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    UK Wales Cardiff
    Thanks Randy H for your advice also of explaining your good experiences you have had with Dennis via his parts store, thanks for sharing.

Robert thankyou for saying that you will try to have a word with Dennis for me thats great of you , you asked that I do not have any personal details in my profil , I would like to included my details but I do not know how to do it, if you could just briefly explain what one needs to do inorder to do it ,then I will have a go, if I cannot do it ,then I will give my details as one of my left messages, thanks you have been most kind.

11. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Randy, yes he has entire engines new and rebuilds. As for wheels, I imagine that Dennis can get you whatever you need as he is well known for his ability to secure difficult parts at fair and reasonable prices. Peppi, ti mandero una posta electronica privato via la tua indrizzo e-mail. Ciao. Robert

12. premieram

premieram Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    All over the place
    Full Name:
    Joseph T. Seminetta
    #12 premieram, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I thought I would let the group know of a really poor experience I had with Dennis McCann's shop.

A few weeks ago, I ordered some mousehair material from them to re do my Daytona Dash. I had it delivered right to my interior guy. He called me when he received it and said that the mousehair was 10 inches short of what we ordered (and paid for) and had several lightened areas from it being rolled up. He insisted that I see it because he did not think the white lines would disappear over time. I took off work and went over to his shop and saw the lines (see attached photo). It is especially apparent on the deep black color of the new mousehair (the photo does not show it that well).

I sent it back to McCann and told them to inpect it very quickly and I would appreciate a quick turnaround for new material to be sent out (as our project is really getting delayed). I called them every few days and left messages. I finally got a hold of them. They said they had received the material back the previous week and did not see anything wrong with it but would refund my money (less shipping, of course). I asked them why they had not returned my previous calls and they said they were really busy. They were extremely unapologetic about the delays and the poor product they had sent me.

This is the first and hopefully last poor experience I have had with them. I thought the group should know.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I just ordered belts and tensioners from them on Friday by phone. I received them on Monday. 1st time I ordered from them and they were very responsive.

14. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    One more vote for a positive experience with Dennis M.
    Tom B.

15. premieram

premieram Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    All over the place
    Full Name:
    Joseph T. Seminetta
    I have had positive experiences in the past as well but not this time.

16. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    I also had a very good experience with Dennis. When changing the fuel lines out on my 328 this fall I found that the evaporative emission charcoal cannister was damaged. He had a new one out me in 4 days and it was the best price by 20% compared to the other vendors frequently mentioned on this site.

17. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I've had 3 or 4 good orders with them, then one bad order where I was billed but never got the parts, then 3 or 4 more good orders (fast delivery, good prices, good responsiveness on the phone, etc.).

Overall they run a good shop, but they certainly have bad days now and again.

18. premieram

premieram Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    All over the place
    Full Name:
    Joseph T. Seminetta
    It sounds like others have had problems as well. I was most disapponted by thier attitude and thier disrespect for my needing the material in a hurry. Everybody has bad days and I must have just caught them on a few of them.

19. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I have never had a problem with them. They have a good assortment of hard-to-find parts and at good prices too. Between them and Ferrari of UK, all of my parts needs are met.

And as mentioned above, phone and fax is the best methods to contact them.

20. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Although McCann is certainly a competitor of Ricambi, I'll chime in here too...

When a customer calls us for Dino parts, we almost always refer them directly to Dennis. I have his telco and email posted on my PC, and gladly refer those customers to him. He has an extremely good knowledge of those cars, and a deep inventory of parts. In my (limited) dealings with Dennis and Norma, they've always been professional and prompt. Each of the independent parts suppliers has a specific niche that works best for them. In the Dino world, he's a go-to guy. I'm sorry the OP had a bad experience with McCann, but I'm confident it was an exception, rather than the norm.

[/group hug OFF]