456 convertible | FerrariChat

456 convertible

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tacoz4sale, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Love the car...I have seen it in person and would seriously consider it if the price was more in line with what I believe is the value of the car. (Non-factory cut Daytonas are close in price to the hardtops...this is over by almost 100k.) But then again, the power has been upgraded.

I have looked extensively into having one cut myself but have been told that structurally, it doesn't suit my driving style. Best of luck to them because if they do get that price, I might reconsider a conversion.

- JMG

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Nice looking car, has the handling been affected, and how does it look with the roof up wich on conversions normally spoil the overall effect.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    This car is currently owned by Mike Westrick in Ft. Wayne, In. I have seen it a couple of times - and it is much nicer in person than the pictures. The conversion was done very well - and a nice supercharger to make it very quick as well.

Here is some more detailed pics if you would like...

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/autoForSale.php?auto=14

Rich

5. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace

I think it would be better priced at 110K - 125K - btw. If it was at this price - I would have bought this one rather than the other 2 I had bought from Mike. It has been for sale for a while - but there probably is a buyer who will pay close to the asking of 155K - in hopes that one day the rareity will pay off... For me - I bought Mike's 355 Spider for 65K less than this - and the 355 Spider is in Mint condition... FWIW.

6. GTB4NART

GTB4NART Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    I saw this car at the Monterey Historics in about 1997? Richard Straman was displaying it. I thought the fit and finish was not up to Straman quality. I had seen one of his 560 SEC conversions and it was far superior. The top was horrible and the hard boot had poor (read huge) gaps. There was evidence that the doors were not closing correctly (this may have been a hinge issue). I would stay away at all costs. It will never be a rarity that will appreciate simply because a chop job will always be a chop job unless it's done by the factory. He was asking over $350k at the time.

7. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I saw this car at the Auburn Auction last year. It looked great from a distance, but I agree wholeheartedly that the asking price is way out of line.

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I think I like it???

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i think it's gorgeous... i get weak in the knees for a convertible and this one is very unique and still maintains a sporty appeal...

10. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    I have just one question: How come Ferrari never built a 456 Spyder to begin with? It would have most likely been a beautiful car . . .

Maybe they'll think of building a 612 Spyder . . .

11. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Awesome looks!!!
    But a supercharger? for only 430rwhp? pleeease. Makes me wanna cry.

If it was N/A, and in the 120k range, it'd be fair.

BTW, I love convertibles.

12. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think they'll have to. Ferrari are resting on their fantastic reputation too much at the moment, they need to keep pace with their competitors.

Aston will make a DB9 Volante (convertible) and you can already get Vanquish convertibles made by the coachbuilder Zagato.