What's wrong with Stebro? | FerrariChat

What's wrong with Stebro?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by snj5, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Have been trying to get in touch with Stebro for a week - no answer at any of the numbers (left messages) or email when they said they would contact me this last Monday on a delivery date for a purchase. Is Canada on a holiday?
    Any insight welcome.
    thanks
    rt

2. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    It's Good Friday, Canada is on holiday.

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    They take off all of Holy Week, then?

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    No just the Friday and in some places the monday other issues must be theirs not having to do with anything official

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

They are very difficult to get a hold of, even when they are there. It took me four weeks to get them to actually ship an exhaust they had in stock.

Fax 'em, email, phone, carrier pigeon, I don't know what to tell you, but they are tough to get a hold of.

Guess that's what we get for buying the least expensive exhaust available for our cars.

6. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Anyone have a pic of a stebro system for a 308? Are they anygood and how do they sound? Why dont I hear of people buying an anza system?

7. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I've got a stebro on my car. Sounds great. I have heard of some quality control problems with them from my Alfa mechanic.

1/2 the price of a tubi.

Dom

8. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    It took 7 weeks to get my order from Stebro, but it was something a little of the beaten path. The system looks great and I'm installing it this weekend with my new headers so I can't comment on sound just yet.
    Dan at Stebro seems like a decent enough guy but return phone calls are most definitly not his strength.As a salesman I understand what it's like when production scheduals do not meet customer delivery expectations but I don't think Dan does himself any favours by quoting 2 week lead times. As the weeks pass he compounds the problem by letting all his calls go to voicemail and then doesn't respond to the messages. However, in the end he did come through. He should just quote longer lead times and keep his customers informed of progress because the products, once delivered, seem excellent and those that have them speak highly of them.

9. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I don't have a picture of it, but there's one on their website at www.stebro.net/fr308.htm

I have a Stebro on my '84 308QV and really like it. The configuration of an '84-'85 308QV exhaust is the same as the 328 (it's a single cat). The sound is AWESOME and even a bit deeper growl than my buddies with Tubis on similar cars. And when we're at the track, I can take out the removable tip inserts, and then it's extremely loud but also full flow like an all-out race car. You can't do that with a Tubi.

I did the install myself with the rear wheels up on ramps. Everything fit perfectly. I'm VERY pleased. And yes, half the cost of a Tubi... for a US model 308 or 328, where nothing shows but the tips, why pay the extra to have the rest of the unit highly polished?

Dan Petschenig can sometime be difficult to get hold of at their sales office, but he's a good guy. And don't forget that they give FCA (Ferrari Club of America) members a 10% discount.

10. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Thanks for the pics Mike. My muffler will be exposed so I may opt for the anza. Cant justify the the tubi though and a comment I heard last year about a tubi looking like the stanley cup mounted under the car has forever ruined how I look at them.

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    One of our local owners has a Stebro on his 365. He says the stainless steel is so thin, it cracks all the time. He's currently trying to get Stebro to ante up for some warranty.

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    My experience with Stebro was great. I replaced the cat in my 328 with a Euro Resonator. I called, gave Dan my credit card info, and the part was drop shipped to Norwoods and arrived 2 days later.