Stradale Production numbers | FerrariChat

Stradale Production numbers

Discussion in '360/430' started by spyderman, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Regarding the Stradale production numbers for both world wide production and the number of cars coming to North America I have two questions.

1. Stradale's being produced world wide?

2. Stradale's being produced for N/A market?

I know this has been discussed before and the numbers I have heard (about 5 months ago) has been 800 world wide and 300 coming to N/A. But, in discussions with the rep for N/A (Canada) and my salesman at the dealership they are saying that production is 400 world wide and with a total of 12 cars being produced and sold for Canada. If it is around 400 cars then the Stradale is truly a very limited production car :) Anyone have some hard numbers??

Thank-you!!

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Nothing hard. The highest number I've ever heard for WW is 900. I'd be surprised if it was as low as 400 though.

As for the US, originally I was hearing 300; but pretty consistently since then I've been hearing 250. And I think that is confirmed by dealers estimates based on the allocations they are getting.

At 250 for the US, its safe to assume WW would be at least 600; more likely 750-800.

Hard numbers are, of course, very welcome... though Ferrari is typically pretty secretive about those until after the fact.

3. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The Fire that burned in the factory last month?...if it took out the 420 test cars, you will see an extra year of 360CS production.

Ferrari is smart not to put a number on it...until they know just when the 420 has all the bugs worked out.

4. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    The initial announcement on the production numbers was 900. If 30 to 35% goes to the States then you'd have between 270 to 320 cars.

5. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    I think its important to remember that the stradale is NOT, and was never meant to be a limited production model, as in the same vein as say the Enzo or F50 were. It is just a variant of the 360 model and therefore it is assumed that Ferrari will produce as many as there is demand for it(of course taking into consideration the normal Ferrari tactic of not flooding the market.)

6. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I have heard 400 Stradale's WW as well from the guys in Canada. I believe that the numbers they are quoting are more likely for Stradales coming to N/A.

Even if there are only 300 to 400 Stradales coming to N.A in total, that is still a pretty limited car for the type of demand the Stradale has.

The car has been very well received by the press todate!!

Consider that the Stradale is not all that much quicker or slower (depending on which article you read) then the amazing GT3 and still the press are selecting the Stradale over the GT3 due to its awesome feel and sound says that the Stradale is a very special car, even for Ferrari :) This factor will probably keep the Stradale in high esteem and in high demand for many years to come!! And that is a good thing ;)

7. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA

8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    QUOTE] if lost wouldn't delay any production refinements or testing of future vehicles being developed.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point, but its another story if they are having second thoughts about what to do next? Funny how next NSX and Supra have been held-up a few times because of unexpected leaps in the competitors offerings.

-more hp?
    -just a face lift?
    -push forward a all-new car (baby enzo)?
    -fixing something that's not working?

The CS can be pumped out as long as they need it. Gives them good flexablity.

9. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Mark,

Good point, I still think that (though many will argue the fact) Ferrari are not being pushed into development of a car to compete with the likes of Lambo and Ford. True that strictly on HP the boys from Maranello may be a bit behind, but I could buy quite a few other marks for what I am paying for the Stradale, and still choose to have the prancing horse on my car, even with the power deficit. To me it’s about the whole package, and no one delivers the package like Ferrari.

I don't want a Ford F150 engine in my sports car; I don't want a German designed drive train; I want PASSION to scream from every nook and cranny form my car. The other offerings might have a drop or two, but Ferrari oozes the stuff.

That and I just would like to think that the Stradale numbers will be kept relatively low...'cause they are making mine in May!!!

- G

P.S. NSX?...ah, don't think so. Supra?...no thanks....FERRARI?...YEAH BABY YEAH!!

10. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    A prior thread is here, for more thoughts on the topic.