355 Spider-where's my battery? | FerrariChat

355 Spider-where's my battery?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by benedict, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Battery died. Before I start ripping up the whole car, can someone tell me where my battery is located? Manual says "on the right side of luggage compartment but me and my buddy can't locate it. Thanks

Ben

2. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    You need to jack the car up and take off the front drivers side wheel.

Forward of the wheel arch remove the four screws that hold the panel in place, battery is behind there located with one bolt holding it in- normally rusted up!

3. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Passenger side front wheel well.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    To this end, I also recall something about battery recommendations on the old board - I believe moreso than any other brand, Optima was praised early and often.

Now, before you run out and replace your battery based on my testimony, find out from those who actually own Ferrari's which is best. Their testimonials are what counts. Some ignitions need Orange top batteries, others need Red top, due to reverse terminals, etc.

Just another reason why interested, but non-Ferrari-owners should be on F-C, to learn about what they'll eventually getting in to.

5. ART360

ART360 Guest

Before you replace the battery, check the fluid.

Art

6. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    It's amazing that the manual says the battery is in the luggage compartment, one guy says the drivers side wheel well, another says the passenger side wheel well and the dealer just told me its on the right side of the engine compartment. Why so much confusion? :)

Ben

7. mac59

mac59 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    The problem is room. The battery is on the passinger side front. To get to it just take off the front tire and enter the panel towards the front.
    If you need a quick jump, it can be done from the engine area. Just remove the passinger side cover plate. Under it is a plastic cover with a cross on it. That will be your positive, the negative is the bolt to the left facing.