1985QV O2 sensor relay needed | FerrariChat

1985QV O2 sensor relay needed

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by abarthracer, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    hello all, I am in need of the relay that they call the O2 sensor relay. On my Mondial, it is located in the rear trunk with all of the other jetronic computer and relays. I called TRutlands and they say it is discontinued. What has happened is that somehow the outer metal case has become electrified and when it touches a metal part of the car it shorts out. Also, why they call it that I don't know because when I disconnect it, it shuts the frequency valve off and the car dies. Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated.
    David

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Do you have a diagram of the internals from the schematic/wiring diagram, or any manf/PN information on the outer case?

3. james patterson

james patterson Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 8, 2003
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    James Patterson
    I think you are talking about the Bosch oxy sensor protection relay (it has a 10 amp fuse in the top of it) - Bosch part # 928 615 124 00. Try direct from Bosch or I think you can get it at a Porsche parts house under same part number.

Good Luck,
    James Patterson

4. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    Call David in parts at FCI. (336 294 0200) It is a Porsche part. This is the one used in the 328. Not the one with the solid metal cover (which is no longer available) AND the wiring connection HAS to be changed which David knows about. I can tell you what needs to be changed also.

5. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    I think I have found one at Evans Auto in Ohio. George seemed very knowledgable about the whole subject. But he didn't mention a wiring change. Can you elaborate here on the wiring change so that people will have the knowledge if they do an archive search?Thanks so much. David