Capristo exhaust for $3K from Tim at Newport Auto | FerrariChat

Capristo exhaust for $3K from Tim at Newport Auto

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by superyota, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    I was at newport auto and tim quoted me $3K installed for the capristo exhaust for the 360. Just wanted to pass on the info.

2. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

That's nice because I just look at my invioce and I paid $4050.XX for mine.... :(

3. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    I agree with Jimmy. I just got mine and I shopped it Hard. Parts and shipping over $3,500. install myself "priceless".

4. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    That sucks....hopefully it will save someone else some cash. How do you like the exhaust? It sounded great on the computer.

5. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I heard the Capristo exhaust for the first, and unfortunately only, time about 3-4 months ago while walking on the street. It is by far the SICKEST exhaust I have ever heard on a Ferrari!!! WOW!!! It is very loud and throaty. I love it. Could hear it from at least a block away after it passed me.

....WOW!!

The car was a really nice one too. A silver coupe with polished HRE 547R's and lowered just a bit. It used to Matt's from Meridian Automotive in West L.A.

6. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I love the stock Strudale exhasts. I heard them at the last drive at the St.Regis hotel. That was a good day!

7. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Is that for the Capristo 1,2, or 3(LC)? If it was the #3LC, that is an awesome deal! And installed too!!!! ShiisH!

8. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    silverf1moden:

Dude you should be back here soon so we can cruise the 2 360 to the local Starbucks, pick up some desperate ladies and kick it up a notch :D

9. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

HaHA!!!! You are too funny mah frienD!!! I'll be there soon brO!!!

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Can anyone comment regarding the LC Racing exhaust at cruising speeds. Too loud or just right? And yes, I understand that this is personal but just wanted some feedback vs. the Capristo med. and loud versions.

11. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Are you driving a coupe or spyder? The "LC Racing" is the loud version (or Sound 3 as Capristo calls it). Low is Sound 1 and Med is Sound 2. On a Spyder, I would stick with 2, as 3 is a bit loud with the top down. Personally, for most people, 2 is "just right". There is little resonance at idle or cruising speeds. If you want loud, then go with 3.

12. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    I just spoke with Tim and he was unable to offer that price. He quoted me $3,375 installed on any Capristo exhaust.

13. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    Well I was there last weekend and he said that he could do it for 3K. First he said 3,200 and then he said 3,000, he even has a sample of the exhaust tone on his computer. I hope it works out. Let me know if I can help.