A Three Way Comparo | FerrariChat

A Three Way Comparo

Discussion in '360/430' started by FERRARISTI, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FERRARISTI

FERRARISTI Rookie

Apr 10, 2004
    NORTH AMERICA
    Full Name:
    GLENN
    I recently read an article from a well respected publication comparing three cars from three different countries, a Ferrari Challenge Stradale, a Porsche GT3 and a Ford GT40. My point is this, are they not in different leagues altogether? All of them may be exotics, all of them are pricy, but comparing all three of them is like comparing apples to oranges to lemons. What is your take on this?

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    On a road course the Porsche GT3 will be hard to beat !

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I think comparisons like this are only valid if you are serious about buying any of the three cars listed.

4. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Dave, I agree, although anyone shopping for high performance in that price range will likely consider all three.

parkerfe, I would have thought the same thing but I believe that the gt had the best slalom and road course times. Although, personally, when it comes down to a few clicks or mph in any of the performanc e stats, my choice would run to the feel, sound and lines of the car. I like the 360cs the best, although I have heard the GT and it sounds wonderful.

5. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    if this is the car and driver artical,the cs was though to have some f1 glitches that prevent full performance and the editiors noted this....other reviews had far better numbers for the cs and this is always a problem of testing just one example of a car...if is has a glitch is can bias the whole results and everyone goes say this other car is the better performing car when it may not truly be...and idoubt anyone seriously considering a cs would really buy a gt3..one is abeautiful exotic and the other is an everyday looking, upside down bathtubing looking porsche....

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I think not. CS is a rce car for the street, the Ford GT is a race car for the street, and the GT3 IS a race car that is streetable.

7. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    GT3 is good, best race car do-able on the 911 chassis,. 360 ditto, Ford GT is meant to feel like that, but also is more a GT in the sense that it has a fat powerband for cruising, and the engineers admit that they want EXPLOITABLE performance for the road...Ford is a roadcar at heart, just a racy one..looks like an older race car tho!

8. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    In the article C&D said they didnt test the GT2 in the comp. because it was $192,000. But then they have the CS listed as $198,000. I have every C&D since '95 but lately their editors arent being smart.

I love the CS a lot more than the others. Although in the article they have a statement from a Ferrari rep. saying it isnt made to accellerate fast or be fast. Case in point, being slower that its main competition, the GT3.