Drove a Viper Yesterday. | FerrariChat

Drove a Viper Yesterday.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by venusone, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    You ever drive one? Drove my brother-in-law’s new Viper yesterday. Man, what a rush w/ that mega 500 hp acceleration! A real manly man’s kind of car in my opinion. Everything is so “beefy”. However, I could work w/ it if forced to... What a power trip. What do you like/dislike about the Viper?

2. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Sounds like a tractor. Poor chassis.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Moving to Off Topic.

4. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    i have a 2000 viper gts great car i have had a wonderful time owning it, if you like big power (without spending a fortune) this is the car to get.

john

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Drove an ACR today actually. Lots of power..goes like stink..but it's like a big kit car. Not really a Viper guy myself but the power is astounding. I really can't beleive they can sell these cars to the public. I think there rather dangerous

6. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Vipers are incredible.Have owned them since 92.Here's a pic of my 712rwhp 03srt-10.

7. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    I had a 700 hp supercharged viper that was a total blast. Enough torque to rip up the pavement and enough grip to pull well over 1g. Great fun on the track, though very squirrely in 1st and second with any throttle on, but once you got to 3rd, watch out. Pure adrenalin rush and always a crowd favorite. In fact, this was car had without a doubt the broadest appeal of any car I have ever owned, including the 550. Old, young, male and female, everyone wanted to know something about this raw beast, sit in it, photo it. I had one attractive woman approach me in a supermarket parking lot to tell me my car
    "makes me really wet"! No lie. My perfect garage would have one in it.

8. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    My perfect garage would have a lot of attractive women in it, not just one ;).

9. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    #9 riverflyer, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Oh, heres a pic.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    LOL, I think you know I meant the car not the woman but I like your idea better!!

11. xtreme6appeal

xtreme6appeal Rookie

Apr 12, 2004
    nope, can't say that I've ever driven one. I've seen a couple around town though. they sure are nice cars. Those SRT-10's are NICE!

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Driving to the girlfriends house tonight I saw a black with silver stripes GTS driving in a down pour. Had U.S plates on it. I can't remeber the state though.