People messing with your car: The "Share your pain" topic. | FerrariChat

People messing with your car: The "Share your pain" topic.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by C. Losito, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Someone saw fit to remove the logo'd valve stem caps from the AMG today... :( Bare with me here, I've never had a car worth a crap before this one, so this is new to me. Oh well, guess you can't have anything nice these days...

Anyone feel the pain? Is this worse for Ferrari owners?

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    The same thing happened to me several years ago. I pulled into the parking lot of a local Borders in my '87 Porsche 911 and a few young kids pulled up on bikes. They were asking lots of questions about the car and seemed genuinely interested as well as appreciative. While I was inside I purchased a few Porsche magazines to give them to the kids. They were, again, really appreciative. When I got home I noticed that my logo'd valve stem caps were gone. It was at that moment that I remembered these guys remarking about how cool the caps were. I felt really stupid!

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I came back form a nice walk with my girlfriend anf found a bunch of people around the car taking pictures of each other LEANING on the car!!

I completely lost it and thought I was going to be going home in the back of a police car. I could not beleive the liberties people take with other peoples propperty. I was angry the entire week about that one.

Another time my grilfriend and were at a patio cafe. I had the car out front and had a perfect veiw of it so I could keep my eye on it. A group of teens approached the car and stated talking about it. I let them be until one started to reach inside. I jumped out of my chair and over the railing and did all I could not to rip his arm out of it's socket. His freinds took off like a shot and left him standing there. I asked him what the hell he was reaching into my car for, but I got the standard "I don;t know" ansewer. I'll bet he won't even think about trying that again with any car. I think he was going for my sun glasses anyway.

4. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    My dad had annodized red stem caps on his 360. We went and saw a movie and when we came out...POOF!!!, they disappeared.

5. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Nothing worse than being at a bar and hearing that someone knock over you brand new Suzuki GSXR 750 in the parking lot. They guy who report it said it must have fell. I told him no I parked leaning down hill so it would either take a 70mph wind (no wind at all that night) or some drunk f***** thought they had the right to sit on it (because it sitting there) and dropped it right on it's side. I had frame sliders so there was minimal damage. You could also tell that whoever dropped it tried to save it on the way down. I was still pissed though. I posted a sign (It's not yours so keep off) from then on.

When I got my M3 I came out of a different bar and found my driver’s side mirror hanging. Again I was pissed but quickly figured out how to put it back on. People are jealous and stupid you have to vigilant to protect your car.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I remember reading on Fchat a member catching some guy pouring barbecue sauce all over his 360. It really sucks, but I think in this day and age, you really can't park your car places unless you can watch over it - as in, sit right next to it. Parking a 360 in a movie theater parking lot? Are you joking? I wouldn't dream of it! Unless you really don't care what happens to your F-car, P-car or whatever, I think it's worthwhile to have some beater car for errands, groceries, etc. For me, it's just not worth the risk otherwise.

7. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Some guy trying to open my door once met a brick. If it didn't explode on impact he would have got it again. That was a 7 year old Maxima. Imagine if he had touched my 924 GT or 911. And when I get the F car... look the f**k out! Because who ever it is will be on my land {I wouldn't leave it in the open for a second} and boy o boy, he would have a hard time living through it.

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I had someone go for the shields on my 550, before building security grabbed them, another pulled my aston wings off the hood of a freshly my primered 2/4, someone took the left fairing off my ducati because it said ducati of beverly hills, and I have had countless times where the bmw's on our family got the emblems taken off.

9. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Yes there is. Try coming outside of your apartment to see your Yellow Gsxr 750 with 41 miles from the clock with brand new dealer plates, with a lock on it, missing from your basement garage that requires a security key to get in.

10. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I found some BMW logoed valve stem caps with locks on them. I don't know if they make them for other cars, but supposedly you can't steal them. It has yet to happen, but I'm sure an allen wrench could do the job.

11. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    One of the few disadvantages of America. Here in Montreal you can parrallel park anything and not have a problem. I have seen an azurro Vanquish parralle parked in a small dimly lit sidestreet. A silver Diablo. TONS of Ferraris. I valet my car every day and never had any problems. Parralel parking is no problem in most of the city. Except for a few obviously poor ghettoes. I'd say vandalism would really be exeptional. And that for parking in the street. As for parking lots, the worst that can happen is some soccer mom in her giant SUV scratching you. Again happened to me, but is very exeptional.

12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I had an ice pick to the hood of my Range Rover. I had people back into the front bumper of my Range Rover while parking at Johns Hopkins.

I had a lady drive into my PARKED NSX while I was standing there with my friend and tell me straight to my face she did not do it. My friend started laughing at her face.

Nothing to the Ferrari...yet. But I never leave it out of my site and only drive it for the sake of driving it. Can you blame me?

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Noting more than fingerprints. When I take the 512TR out in Miami Beach, I valet it & tell them to leave it on the road then I sit in a restaurant nearby & keep my eye on her. If I have to go to movies or leave the car out for a while I usually take the Vette or the Tahoe

14. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I thought someone stole a shield?
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=209957#post209957 that happened recently.

15. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    There was a fight at this club I go to and one guy smashed another guys face through my passenger side window.

16. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    When I was attending my first semester of college at Blinn in College Station I went to my truck after class to find someone had thrown a USED CONDOM on my windshield. I was so pissed that it was good I didn't know who did it b/c I probably would have gone to jail for awhile after I got threw with them and their car.

17. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  18. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Someone cheesed off with the Carrera script on my 964 and made a mess out of the paint.

Some nitwit broke the antenna on my first car, a 900 Turbo. It was an automatic one that had quit working, so it was jammed in the extended position. Someone broke it off for fun, I guess. A week later some redneck unlatched the louvers and banged them on the rear portion of the roof which required new louvers and paint on the roof.

This was on a SAAB 900 Turbo, neither rare nor exclusive. What the hell is wrong with some people?

What kind of mental defective does **** like this to cars? What kind of DNA regressive redneck moron steals ****ing valve stem caps off of an expensive car?

19. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Where in the STL area did this happen, Chris? I am often in STL but I use my 2 other daily drivers instead of the 328. Am just asking so I can avoid bringing the latter to places where it can potentially happen. Thanks.

20. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I had a kid piss all over the door of my Miata one night while at Waffle House. I can not stand Waffle House but my friend was really hungry and it was the only place open. Well, I walk back to the car to get my bag out to do some homework while he eats and I see this kid coming around the corner zipping up his pants. I get to my car and my door handle and door are all wet. I go back inside and the kid I saw was with his group of friends. The oldest one must have been 15 so there isn't much I can do to them without going to jail so I call the police. I figure they will at least scare them. They get there and talk to the kid and his friends and then tell me they deny it so there isn't anything we can do. I'm like, its 4:00 in the morning, call their parents. I guess that would have been too much work. The lady at WH gave me a bucket of hot water to clean my car with at least.

I have had everything stolen out of my car when I left the top down at Wal Mart. This genious dropped a check he stole from his mom inside my car while he was robbing me. The cops got most of my stuff back.

I also had a pair of Serengeti sunglasses stolen out of my car by one of the valets at a hotel. I won't say which hotel but it was one of the RITZy ones.

21. azheman

azheman Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Like the 2nd time I took the car out, I come back out from where ever, and 1 valve cap is gone. WTF 1 cap? Then another time, the other three are gone.
    F*ing, F*ckers!

22. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Ron, my best guess is that it happened while I was checking out the Forest Park car show they have every Easter. Left the car parked about half a mile from the main display area. I didn't notice it until yesterday, but it was easy to tell that they hadn't been off long.

23. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Had everything from milk shakes to spit on my 360. Also had a tire slashed, and while at a local nightclub I had someone break the windshield on my brand new spider. Jealous F$!*s

24. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Had someone try to pry off hood emblem, didn't come off but messed up paint and broke his screw-driver, which he ran across my hood.

25. CTEV2

CTEV2 Karting

Feb 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Charlie Thomas
    One of the kids a few houses down had just learned the alphabet in school. Coincidentally in the same week someone had also taken a rock and etched the Abc's across my Volvo, all the way down to the metal.