Attending the USGP? | FerrariChat

Attending the USGP?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ron328, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    If you are, do you guys mind telling which part of the speedway is good ( stand A, Paddock, or C?) to be at (of course, to watch the race)? It will be my first time and don't really have a good idea which seat to get. And also,
    where are the Ferraristi's mostly at there? (I'll be wearing a shirt with a "Ferrari" print and I don't want to find out later that where I'll be seating at is a BMW or a Mclaren or a Jaguar crowd :)? Thank you.

Ron

2. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    If you are serious about you questions, then don't worry about where you will be sitting in regards to what you will be wearing. The sea of red will be every where.

I love my seats down in the first corner, J stands. Not only can you see the back and front straight, but the first 8 corners also. Not mention the giant jumbo tron right on front of your seat to see action you are missing.

3. Apex

Apex Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    North and Northwest Vistas are great!

I am told the South and Southwest vistas are great as well...

Don't waste money any where else... especially on the straights...

4. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I have seats in the north vista all the way on the top row. It makes for a very good view. As far as the fans are concerned, just enjoy the atomosphere. Last year, the Colombians were very vocal cheering on JPM. It made me only yell and scream louder for my boys in red!!!! So just go and have fun....

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The best seats are the Ferrari F1 Hospitality/Paddock Passes which you can buy at www.owners.ferrari.com With them you get great seats, pick walk-abouts,get to meet the drivers and team members, food, beverages, alcohol and gift bags.

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Here are pictures of the views i had from my seat in the N Vista.

7. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    You might want to buy tickets from the Central Ind chapter of FCA, at www.fca-cic.org and sit with the FCA members and friends. I think the tickets you get will be as good as any other than special privilege like owners, and you will be welcomed with many others in RED. Bring your flag too. Jim

8. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    we've had our seats at the first turn in grandstand H. if you call the ticket office at indy you will be helped by very nice people who will assist you in finding the best seats. see you there.

9. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Am leaning towards the J and H, but the North and NW vistas look great, too. Looks like most (or all) hotels in Indianapolis are booked, so we (my family) booked a hotel at Shelbyville (25 miles away). Anyways, thank you very much for all the replies. See you there!

10. pipecrash

pipecrash Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    Los Altos, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter A.
  11. pipecrash

pipecrash Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    Los Altos, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter A.
  12. CTEV2

CTEV2 Karting

Feb 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Charlie Thomas
    #12 CTEV2, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We've sat in section H in the past to watch turn 1, and the advice I have is to sit as high as possible. The protection nets ruin any pictures that you'd like to take if you are sitting near the bottom. You can see in the F1 race pics, the steel nets are really obstructing the view. We sat around halfway up for the Porsche Cup races, and you can see the difference.

This year, we're moving to the newly built Corner 6 Terrace for a change. Is anyone else sitting there, or have you seen the new stands?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login