Dealerships: Park Place is perfect! | FerrariChat

Dealerships: Park Place is perfect!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by triXXXter, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    I recently went by the Park Place of Dallas. It just amazes me (considering I plan to own dealerships) that they have such a great setup all within a few feet and on the same street. On Oak Lawn it starts with the Pre owned lot. Nissan 350z up to a SL 55 and CL 600 and everything in between. Then across the street they house the new Mercs and a Maybach. Don't like the Maybach? Walk down a few feet and take a look and the Phantom. Ok you decided you want the Phantom (to be driven by your driver) and E55 to be driven by you, but now you need that sports car. No problem. Go down a few more feet to the Porsche House and get your new GT2. Great now to complete your driving needs all you need is that Cayenne Turbo and that G.T. Ok the perfect Maser Coupe right here (sitting outside!) with the Cambo to make cruising a breeze.

Seriously, all these cars in stock, on display, most outside. It's a damn dream world there!

I will have to work very hard to build my chain of dealerships as good as this.

Any just incredible dealerships near you or ones you deal with? How do you rate them?

http://www.parkplacetexas.com/

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Sounds like the Momentum setup that Ricardo Weitz owns.

--Dan

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Park Place really is a great dealership.

4. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Momentum is in a buy/sell agreement right now. The Audi store sold last week and the BMW store should go in a couple of months-max.

5. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX

Last I heard, the whole Advantage/Momentum deal went through, with a price of over $250m

6. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    I have bought to Lexi (plural?) from Park Place but in Grapevine and they are top notch when it comes to service not just during but after the sale as well.

7. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I take my E55 to park Place for service and they always do an excellent job. Less than stellar experience with their used car guys, but the dealership in general seems to be far above average IMHO.

8. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They are "okay", the reason I say that is that my dad purchased a pre-owned Mercedes from them and it had TMU on the title (True Miles Unknown) and they never said anything to my father. They work out an agreement and they sell the Mercedes to my dad for $7000 under wholesale value. Which I suppose was fair...the car itself is beautiful though!!

9. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    I agree with the grade of "okay".

Their dealership setup IS excellent, and the owner OWNS every car on each of the lots free and clear. There is no floorplanning that takes place there.

HOWEVER. I walked into the dealership one day to buy a beautiful 996 Carrera C4s with the aero kit, black/black with 12k miles. Gorgeous car.

While I was haggling over price, they sold it out from under me to this ex-police officer with an insurance settlement. I vowed never to do business with them again and walked out.

Two days later I get the call "Hey Nick, ol buddy ol pal! Guess what, the guy gave back the 996! I guess the wife said he couldn't afford it! It's all yours ol buddy!" I laughed into the phone and said "You must be joking" and hung up.

I do not deal with low-integrity people. Period. Especially on a $62K deal.

10. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    What if the shoe had been on the other foot and you saw someone else "haggling" over the price of the car and you wanted to buy it. What if they had told you, "We are not sure if he is going to buy it or not but he is "haggling" over the price, so you have to wait until we find out if he is serious about buying it or not". Then you would have probably gotten upset because you had cash in fist to buy but were not allowed to while the other person was still negotiating. Unless you have put a deposit on the car to hold it, it is still for sale to the first person who comes with the money. They did not know if you were going to come to an agreed upon price, did they? What if they had told the other man he had to wait and then you could not come to a price you could agree with? No one had any way of knowing that the "ex-cop", if that matters, was going to bring the car back. Things happen and we must accept that others may want to buy the same thing we want to buy. In that case, "he who jumps first wins".