Opinions on Euro Model 360 Modena | FerrariChat

Opinions on Euro Model 360 Modena

Discussion in '360/430' started by thoang, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    There is a Euro model 2000 360 modena F1 for sale near my home. I am interested in buying the car but worried about the fact that it's a Euro and not US spec. Can anyone give me some advice or point me to a resource? I think a US model commands a higher price. What are your thoughts? TIA

2. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Buddy of mine has a '99 Euro 360 Modena F-1 -- has owned it for nearly 3 years now. Has all regularly scheduled services done at the dealership. Only problem he has had with the car to date (that I'm aware of) is a loose battery cable clamp that caused the car to die at an intersection. He thoroughly enjoys his car.

Oops, forgot to mention that he purchased the car with all Amerispec (?) conversion papers / DOT papers complete (on import).

3. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Is your home in S.C? If so I have done some homework on this car, and it is amirispec imported and seems straight. The owner seems to be a good and honest guy and the price is right. Check it out, have a PPI done and take it for a drive. Well worth it if it checks out. Hope that helps. John

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i researched euros extensively......how can the car be had for, whats the milage?,and whodid the conversion...also do you have a good past hx on the car....of course a ppi is mandatory..if it is a good conversion job and the price saving are sign over a us car,(15-20 k imo) then go for it..it will cost less adn you will get less for it in the future ...

5. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    My opinion is you will lose more $$ on this car in the long run. Yes it is cheaper to get in at the start(just how much cheaper is crucial) but the car will always have the Euro stigma and will be harder to sell unless it is significantly below a comparable US model. I would rather go for a good US car imo.

6. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    There is an enormous amount of discussion on this subject.Go to "search" under
    Euro 360's" and "import 360's"

7. budman

budman Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Buddy Delaney
    One of the factors you may want to consider is that NONE of the specialized Ferrari financing sources will finance Euro spec cars.This will make it more difficult at resale time.

8. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    But if you get a discount going in, then no loss in giving a discount going out!

I bought a 2000 Euro 360 in April 2001 for $154K rather than $195-205K for a US model. I sold it last week for $119K rather than $130-135K for a US model. So, as I see it, buying Euro saved me $25K-40K in depreciation over almost exactly 3 years of ownership. No downsides... other than you typically don't get any historical/maintenance documentation from the prior European owner(s).

IMO, the only things special you need to do before you buy Euro rather than US is:
    1) Make sure they have the proper conversion paperwork (both EPA and NHTSA).
    2) Make sure you have a mechanic nearby who can and will service it.

BTW, I loved my car every day I owned it... and now I miss it very much,

Brian

9. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I bought a Euro 360 and haven't looked back. I saved $20k going in and I get lots of compliments on the "cool headlight washers" that nobody else has...:) Would never buy a used US-spec car again...

nlh