White TR512 and Lambo Gallardo | FerrariChat

White TR512 and Lambo Gallardo

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mark(study), Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If you're in Miami stop by Prestige Audi/Lambo
    They have a white TR 512 parked in front of a Black Lambo Gallardo and it is amazing how much the Lambo looks like the TR from the back. Deminsions are they same for back window and fins, back-end of Lambo is a bit higher and more narrow... but not more than a inch, canopy is the same. The big side flares over wheel arches down side of car to front wheels is the same on both cars. In front Gallardo's curved roof and front hood make it look a bit shorter than the wedged TR512. Audi's modern headlights make the Lambo look more modern and aggresive, but other then that it looks like it was carved out of 512TR mold. Very intersting.

I had never seen the Gallardo in Black but it is a GREAT color on the car. Just like the ENZO.... sometimes black helps hide some of the more odd shapes and lines.

Gallardo is too low & wide ( looks exactly like Murci from front ) it will never be mistaken for a Mustang or Celica. It is very exotic looking. I wasn't thrilled with the car until I saw it in black. Being able to look at the Testarossa and Gallardo right next to each other for a good long time, really made me respect both. If Ferrari would have continued on with mid-engine 12's instead of going to the front engine 550... this Gallardo would have been the shape for the 2004 Ferrari mordern version of the next tessarossa. (Don't get me wrong....they don't look the same, but the design evolution is on the same path as modern flares have been added. I wonder if it was a conscious Lambo strategic decision?)

Pestige also has a silver Saleen sticker says $400,000
    Car was getting service and it was neat to see with the engine cover off. Front 2/3 of the car's body work looks great. To many vents in back end...but it looked cool with the back body work taken off.

They had three (silver, red, and dark red) Murcielagos. The standard red didn't look that good. Funny thing about all the new more rounded cars... I don't think the Muci or the Enzo look their best in Red for some reason.

White 512TR looked a bit yellowish in the showroom lights.
    I love white and yellow cars, but so hard to keep their colors sharp and true.

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just playing around .....

I'm glad Lambo did a modernized TR, picked up were Ferrari dropped the design.
    I just hope they copy a 308 next, if they need a new idea for 2010 :)

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I dont see the similarities, but ill take the Gallardo in orange, and the Yellow 512 Please!

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

I don't see the similarites in photo either. But when i saw the black Gallardo in person....its not Toyota Celica proportions. If it wasn't sitting next to a 512TR I'd never believe it myself.

It is not the same "look", but it is the same wide low wedge "size".

You can't tell it from a Murci when you look at it from the front.
    It looks like a TR from the back.

I didn't think I like the Gallardo...but I've changed my mind.
    Someone once said "Give me wide, low, and wedge" this car fits the exotic profile.

5. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #5 F1racer, Nov 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    I like the white! I'm sure looks alot better in person too.

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    See i also think there is a very slight similarity between the Gallardo and Murci from the front, but not one that would have me confuse one with the other, even on a quick glance. I saw the Gallardos at the Concourso, and they are very cool cars, but if it came down to brand new Gallardo, or Used Murcielago, no doubt id take the Murcielago.

As for the white 512, it looks great. I always liked Ferraris in white, but the 512 is one car i wouldnt buy in white, just so i wouldnt have to hear any Crockett comments.

8. prime22

prime22 Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
    Stamford, Ct
    Full Name:
    Mr.J
    I like the white it looks good

9. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

The Gallardo in Black makes it look agressive, a bit more like the Murci at first glance from the front (hides the different shape of the big air scoop).