Exhaust 3200 GT ?? | FerrariChat

Exhaust 3200 GT ??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by CAR Élite, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CAR Élite

CAR Élite Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    I know, it's a bit "off topic", but i need help as fast as possible from the fchat-community...

Besides my 355 Spider with Fuchs exhaust, I own a 3200 GT Maserati. Some guy offered me a cheap cheap Tubi exhaust for the car. I do not even know how it sounds on a Maser, that's why I ask you for help? Any experiences? Gotta decide if i buy the exhaust in about 6 hours...so time is running :)

Thanx guys!

www.ferrari355.de

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Lung tried it on his and removed it as he didn't like the sound.

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    We have the US spec Maserati coupe cambiocorsa - is that the same as the 3200 GT? If so, we have a tubi and have been very happy with it, great engine note, particularly at higher rpms, truly gives life to the personality of the engine. One caution - it might be a bit loud for some: at least a mild hum at all times inside, and outside, though not in any sense offensive, it will certainly raise others' awareness of the car. IMO the tubi is definitely NOT for anyone who enjoys listening to high quality radio or CD music while driving. That said, as I am not an audiophile and enjoy a louder engine note, I would not own the car without a tubi.

I have no idea whether the tubi has any effect on performance, I would assume it does not.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Will

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Will
    It's the first model the "New" Maser came out with. Not a US car. Really a bit different. Lung put a tubi on his 3200 and his reaction was exactly the same as yours. (Except he found it too loud on long trips and removed it) I use one like yours as a daily driver and like it as well. (Stock exhaust)

5. riconijhof

riconijhof Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rico Nijhof
  6. CAR Élite

CAR Élite Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Great Help! Thank you all very much!

Got the exhaust this morning at ebay (take a look here, what a price :) http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2442946717) and will install it next weekend. What made my decision much easier was the video file from scuderia systems...nice :)

The only reason why I bought that exhaust is because of heat problems in the cats. It's a special engine with about 500 hp...so I hope this problem will be gone now with the Tubi. If not, I have to buy a set of sport cats as well...

www.ferrari355.de