Porsches at Maranello Sales?? | FerrariChat

Porsches at Maranello Sales??

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robertb, Apr 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Anyone know why Maranellos currently have considerably more used Porsches (21 at the last count) than my local Porsche main agent?

All PXs, I assume!

Robert.

2. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    I guess the smart arsed answer would be that Porker drives are seeing sense at last and buying F.Cars.

Wazza

3. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Or Maranello want to offer their customers something reliable to drive whilst their car's in for repairs :p JK

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    thats a very {CHILDISH} comment seems to me you are on the chat group

5. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    It's all in jest!

They've got a gallardo too!

6. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    I p/x'd my 996 tt 6 weeks ago for a 360 at Maranellos. IMO they simply want too much money for it. I paid £90k and they are asking £88 with 7.5 thousand miles from new.It's a fine example, but even with the due 2-3K discount you'd probably get, that's still too high. There are also far too many 911's around.

In response to the 911 fan, after having 5 over the past 6 years, I'd have swapped that whole experience for the drive I had throught he black mountains early Friday morning in the 360...no comparison...not even close.

7. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Robbo you have a PM.

8. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Interesting what you say about MSL. They tend to price optimistically, but in my experience discount quite heavilly.

I've had some of my best drives ever over the Black Mountains. And not in my 355, yet...!

Have you ever owned a 996 C4S?

9. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004

996 TT & GT3. No comparison to 360. We covered 250 miles in sunshine over the Breconshire hills, with a friend of mine in a 4.2 E-Type Roadster. Great drive.

10. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Robbo,

How is that car that could have been mine? I have now endured 9 weeks of waiting with many more still to come.

Ken

11. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Better than I imagined. Only 700 miles and 11 months old, what was the other guy doing ?.
    I've had a Tubi fitted, and would highly recommend that, though keep hold of your old system to offer with car when time comes to sell.
    The only problem I had was the orange engine warning light which was illuminated on the dash after a short run. I thought it was due to the fact that the valves on my old stock exhasust were not plugged on fitment of the Tubi. I was wrong. It was due to the petrol cap not being tight enough and causing a varience in the vacuum pressure in the fuel tank. Bizarre.
    A common occurrence according to the garage. They have had 5 360's in since they opened for the same reason.