308 rotors | FerrariChat

308 rotors

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Doc, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    I've just noticed that both of the front rotors on my '85 308 have numerous wear marks--as if the pads are worn out and rubbing has occurred. However, the pads themselves have at least half life left and I get no syptoms of any type, such as pulsating pedal, noises, etc. The brakes work and sound tip-top. The rear rotors , on the other hand, are as smooth and mark-free as can be. Is this typical--or do you think I have some kind of problem with my fronts. As I said , the brakes work great and there is no noise .

2. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    Could some 308 owner(s) take a peek at their rotors, if original, and let me know if theirs show the same wear marks as mine? Thanks, in advance, guys.

3. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Doc I seem to have the same problem with my 77 gtb. Rear rotors look great and are clean but fronts are dull in color. Its like the front brakes are not working right. When the snow hits I'll put the car up and plan on changing all of the brake hoses to braided and I'll redo the front calp's. Let me know if you find any problems.

4. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Both sets are fairly shiny on my car. Front and back have the same amount of shine.

5. adesalos

adesalos Karting

Mar 19, 2003
    Texas
    my rotors have marks too, similar to what you describe. I checked the pads, but they seems to be OK. I guess after 25 years, it is time to resurface the rotors...