what do you do when you cruise in your ferrari? | FerrariChat

what do you do when you cruise in your ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prancing_Horse, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Most owners only drive thier f-cars on a nice day,

but when you drive your ferrari what do you do?where do you go?

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    My fave drive is to "nowhere special." Just DRIVE and enjoy :)

On the road of life there are no "final destinations", only a constant journey :)

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Well, earlier this afternoon I took a spin with a buddy in his 355 spider. We smoked cigars and drove around looking for real estate.

4. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
    just cruise!! i may run errands or go to the store or just enjoy that sweeeet song the motor sings!!

5. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Tyler's drive sounds great. Here in Dallas I normally go south on FM 121 till I hit I 635 then speed it up a bit (hehe, going underneath the overpasses sounds so sweet with the top down) the north on I 35, then west on FM 407. It kind of nice loop around where I live.

6. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Haul @ss. Listen to the sweet sounds.

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I prefer going places that don't require me to stop and park. Usually I'll take the car out by myself and just drive around for an hour or so combining some warm-up cruising as well as back roads and highway time. I like my drives to be well-rounded. ;)

8. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    A whole lot of track driving. Otherwise just a nice slow cruise through Miami Beach :) Every now & then strafing backroads in CT

9. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I just get out and drive. Sometimes I pick a destination just to feel like I'm going somewhere, but that's not usually important.

One time I went for a drive to Starbuck's, put 75 miles on the car and never did get the coffee!

John

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Everything, from going to Home Depot to buy paint to driving to the office. I'll drive it any day that ends in d-a-y.

11. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I look for potholes to avoid when I drive my baby!

12. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #12 Husker, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I primarily pick my left nostril. With my right fore-finger. That let's me maintain total control of the vehicle with my left hand. Driving a Ferrari can at times be over-rated, but let's face it, picking a winner can be way under-rated, too.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    NEVER turn on the radio, and just listen to the engine.

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm with Erik.

--Dan

15. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Drink Latte.

16. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Just cruise to nowhere special. Sometimes use it for a special night out or drive it at the track.

17. clokey

clokey Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Last Sunday I slipped to Rite-Aid to pick a prescription (the car was hot from a previous run) .....it should have only been about a 1 mile trip within Redondo Beach but I ended up north of Malibu.....a 62 mile round trip. The run did me far more good than the prescription would have!

18. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Funny, i only go into cruise mode when i notice a faster car gaining on me.Then i put on my Sting CD, arm on the door and make out i have not noticed him as he tears by.Always cruiseing, cruiseing all day.......NOT!

19. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Paul,

Now if there were only a way to have this reimbursed by the insurance companies. Hmmmm!

Nick

20. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Head up to Denver to eat at PF Chnag's or down to Albuquerque to eat at Little Anita's in Old Town.

But mostly when driving I keep my eyes glued to the temp gauge and rear view mirror (looking for smoke).

21. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I drive down the coast along highway 1 listening to music on my new stero and speakers (loud). If I drive, I have open it up (speed) really good at least once and then I am ok the rest of the day, well maybe.

22. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
  23. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    On Sunday, me and my Pantera buddy gave our cars a good THRASHING on some swervy country roads. I hit 130 and that car was begging for more, too bad traffic spoiled further explorations into top speed.

One thing good about Oklahoma, wide open spaces, and still relatively little traffic, feel bad for you big city boys that can't get out of second gear :)

24. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Sorry, no pics. Last night, my wife and I took the GT4 (mistress) out for a ride to nowhere. My parents are in town, so they stayed with the kids. It's been a long time since my wife and I got to drive together alone in the GT4, so it was fun. We basically just cruised around for an hour or so.

Dom

25. rascalif

rascalif Karting

Dec 20, 2003
    Southern California
    Give the tuner boyz and midlife-crisis Corvette guys something to brag about ("I dusted some guy in a Ferrari today!")