FS: GIRARD-PERREGAUX FERRARI 80200 Chronograph; TZ Excellent. Must Sell. Offers??? | FerrariChat

FS: GIRARD-PERREGAUX FERRARI 80200 Chronograph; TZ Excellent. Must Sell. Offers???

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by SergioB, Apr 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SergioB

SergioB Rookie

Apr 13, 2004
    I am selling my GP Ferrari three-register chronograph, all-stainless steel model 80200, silver/white dial, with the original honey colored hand-stitched crocodile strap and GP tang buckle.

Here are the specs on this beauty:

MOVEMENT: mechanical with automatic winding, Girard-Perregaux Caliber 2280, 57 jewels, 28,800 vph, power reserve 42 hours.

FUNCTIONS: hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds, date; chronograph.

CASE: steel, polished in two parts, diameter 38mm, height 12.7mm; anti-reflective sapphire crystal; back secured with seven screws; water-resistant to 3 atmospheres.

DIAL: silver/white, official Ferrari logo; solid gold raised markers; five minute chapter marked by red arabic numerals, solid gold dauphine hour and minute hands, blue steel chronograph sweep second and sub-dial hands; indicators: subsidiary seconds at 3 o'clock, date window between 4 and 5 o'clock, hour counter at 6 o'clock, minute counter at 9 o'clock.

The watch is in absolutely perfect mechanical condition, running at about +4 seconds a day. Chronograph is smooth and precise with start, stop, and re-set functions working flawlessly.

The cosmetic condition is easily 85%-90% (excellent) according to the TIME ZONE Grading System, with a minor scuff along the edge of one of the lugs. Dial, hands, and crystal are pristine. The strap shows average wear with some discoloration, but is still intact and quite wearable for a long time yet.

The watch comes with its original large, red, leather-lined display box, outer cardboard box, hang tag, multi-language instruction manual, and service center locations booklet.

I am looking for $1,425 plus my actual shipping costs, which is a real bargain for a watch with an IN-HOUSE chronograph movement that listed originally for $4,250. I welcome any and all serious offers however, including trades. TIME ZONE references, scans, and telephone numbers provided upon request.

Thank you for your interest.
    S. G. Baum
    Phone 773-339-5093

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to the board. A picture of the watch might help. Are you in the Chicago area, the phone number kinda implies that.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Pictures?

4. SergioB

SergioB Rookie

Apr 13, 2004
    Hi and thank you for your reply. I didn't know exactly how to upload a photo on the site. I was referred to the forum by another member who is a FERRARI automobile collector. I have a couple I can e-mail to anyone who requests it. And yes, I am in Chicago.

Regards, Sergio.
    [email protected]

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If you like you can email me the pictures and I can put them up for you: [email protected]

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    cool :)

7. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Are the pix up yet???

Cheers
    Kevin

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm posting these two pictures for Sergio. He sent me those via email.

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Watch looks nice!

What does honey colored mean? Strap looks black to me.

Thanks

11. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    In order to validate the authenticity of a 4K watch selling for under 2K, i highly suggest verifying the serial number.

Do you have pictures of the back of the watch with the engraved S/N?

Stan

12. SergioB

SergioB Rookie

Apr 13, 2004
    The serial number is 7527. The second photo does indeed show the watch on a black aftermarket strap, but I am selling it with the original honey or caramel colored Girard-Perregaux strap. I couldn't get a decent picture of the back because the polished finish caused too much of a reflection.

I have the watch posted on TIME ZONE, which is is a web site for watch collectors, dealers, and assorted other buffs. A very nice gentleman who is both a watch and Ferrari motorcar collector suggested I post it on this forum. I have numerous references from previous watch transactions that I will be happy to provide, along with a 3 day return privilege to give a buyer the opportunity to test and authenticate the watch. It is one from my collection which does not get enough wrist time.

And finally, the price does seem low relative to the original list price, but authorized dealers normally offer a discount of around 30% on new Girard-Perregaux Ferrari watches, and there is a somewhat limited market for the brand when compared to others like Rolex or Cartier.

Please free to e-mail me at [email protected] or call 773-743-5093 or 773-339-5093 if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Thank you and happy motoring,
    Sergio.

13. SergioB

SergioB Rookie

Apr 13, 2004
    FERRARI drivers are the best!!!

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice, congrats to seller & new owner - If I had the money, I would have snapped it up.

Congrats!