Back from Vegas: Pics of 355 | FerrariChat

Back from Vegas: Pics of 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by JimSchad, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Had a blast. Rented a 355 from Dream Car Rentals. Great service. Car was great no problems at all. drove out to red rock canyon and was well worth it to get off strip and open it up a little bit. Got up to 100mph 2 or 3 times. Saw a 360 spider yellow at Palms, silver 360 with chrome 19" hammans at Hard rock and the rentals driving around town.

Bellagio has its power totally out due to a truck driver hitting some transformer. Been out for 2 days and won't be on til Wednesday. Imagine the shuffling of customers to other hotels, the lost income from rooms, gambling, O and food. Wow!

Here are some pics.

2. vpr92rt10

vpr92rt10 Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    awesome pics thanks for sharing :)

3. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Would you mind saying what the rental cost? Did it require a big deposit? Thanks!!

4. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

5. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Here in Houston rental cars are expensive.
    355-$700/day with 100miles
    360-$1200/day with 100miles
    Gallardo-$2800/day with 100miles

http://www.galleriaexotics.com/

6. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Jim,
    Great shots - looks like you had a great time!
    What's up with that picture with the car jacked up? Were they checking on your tire wear or did have a flat? :)

Byron

7. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lovely pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

The 355 is truly an amazing car.

8. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Don't know. Just saw it the day before I rented it up on jack so took a photo. Another fchatter is renting the car today so was actually going to tease him about his car being broken.

9. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    I love Vegas.

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

$600 for five hours?? My lord. Dude, come to my house and drive mine for 24 hours... I'll only charge $2000.

-Daniel

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    That's awesome Jim! Glad you had a great time. I think they are users of FC, aren't they? Seems like a great experience and a decent price for 5 hours and Las Vegas.

12. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    Definelty some cool pics Jim. Seems like the free miles are a bit on the low side though. Do they want you to just stand around and look at the car?

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Sounds like you had a great time. Awesome display/ceiling of Chihuly's (blown glass) work!!

14. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Nice, that is my car almost to a T, (I have the challenge grill). Is it a 1998
    with F1 tranny? Sounds like a good time!

15. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I didn't ask the year! It was a stick though no F1. Had 24K miles on it.

I was amazed at how easy it was to drive. Decent foot room, shifted pretty smooth and cruised down highway at 65'ish with ease....almost too easy. Had a great exhaust note so not sure if stock or not. My wife even said "I like that!" when I ran up the revs in 3rd.

16. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My friend and I looked into splitting the cost and renting one for the day. Unfortunately to rent the Ferrari's and Lambos you have to be 25. And they weren't very friendly to us. That's the biggest problem I have with a lot of exotic car places.

17. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yeah like everywhere I go they treat me like ****. But they know my dad and when I tell him hes like 'well kick em in the nuts son.'
    I feel your pain my son!

18. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Hi Jim, Hi everyone!

It looks like you had an awesome time! I'm the F-chatter that got it the next day!!!

I had a blast too!!

By the way, it's a 1997.

The only issue we had was that the car has an alarm that they didn't tell us about. We stopped to take a picture and when we tried to restart it, dead!! We had to call to find out what to do. Felt a little stupid, but whatever!!!

I think it's a good deal, $600 for 5 hours. I split it with a friend of mine, so for $300 I have some awesome memories!!! Worth it for sure!!!

I hope to post some pics soon.

19. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    By the way, Jim, why are the windows up????? Wasn't it hot????? We were frying since they don't let you use the A/C so the cars don't overheat!!

20. Boston 7777

Boston 7777 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    I rented a 360 in miami..nothing better than powersliding on off ramps. :) best 1500 dollars I have spent in a long it. If I lived in any other area expect new england I would buy one.. the weather here sucks

21. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Ah, Fred I see you found the pics. Windows were up due to wife. Actually the wind seemed less with them down to me. It was a bit chilly the day we got it, but back on strip it got hotter.

I took the first pic of it on the jack the day I got there and was going to post it and tell you your car was broken, but had no way to upload.

Also, the morning I got there all the returned keys were locked in drop box with a broken key in the hole so trouble for them. Luckily the 355 was not rented the day before so not locked in there.

22. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Please speak for yourself my friend. Wonderful day here today and you can powerslide on MANY roads near me. Perhaps you need to move out of Boston and into the rual mountain areas here in New Hampshire :)

Won't you be. Please won't you be... my neighbor. Hi neighbor :)

23. Boston 7777

Boston 7777 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    I have a summer home at Seabrook Beach..