Delivery and processing times | FerrariChat

Delivery and processing times

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by MikeS, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    I saw last weeks posts on delivery times, 1-3 weeks once at New Jersey port.

My 360 coupe arrived on the boat today. Just curious, anyone know how quickly they offload these ships (I assume just like in any transport business, time is money, therefore ASAP) and what does FNA do to prep them at port ? How many typically arrive at once ?

Anyway, more curiousity than anything else. Hope to be behind the wheel in 2- 3 weeks.

Thanks.

2. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    My understanding is that they are quickly inspected at the port. I assume to assess any damage. Then they may go out immediately or may wait for the next boat to get enough to transport economically. Some cars have arrived in Toronto in 3 days! Mine arrived last week and I get it Wednesday -- two more sleeps!

3. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Mike,
    Just out of curiosity do you know when your car hit the water? My car hit the water on the 31st of March so I'm wondering if our cars were on the same boat.

Regards,
    Chris

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Same question from me, Mike. But my car hit the water the 15th of March... so, I am hoping I'll have a status update tomorrow! (If its the 31st boat that arrived today, then I'll be hating life!)

5. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    My car hit the water post 15 March as it completed testing on 19 March. My dealers computers were down today so I am not sure the exact day it hit the water but the 31st seems logical, but.....we are dealing with Ferrari logistics, therefore when I see the red at the dealer, then I know it is in.

6. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    I got a print out from my dealer that has the delivery date (april 22). Do you have that? Do you know if that date is when it lands at customs or is estimated to be at the dealer? I guess we are getting the last 360 modenas. I am little worried about resale since the price just went up becasue of the value of the dollar. What do you guys think?

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You still have not got your car!!!!??? ;). I would be visiting your dealer EVERY day by now ... amazing how the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Pete

8. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I received a print out from my dealer back in January which had a delivery date of 8 April. I was told to not put much stock in that date.

Regards,
    Chris

9. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    I have no printout. I am just waiting for the phone call. Why do you think we are getting the last 360s ? My dealer has build dates thru July for coupes and spiders- all spoken for though. Regarding resale, really does not matter in my view. They all fall. I am in this for fun (probably some stupidity too)- this hobby will never be a money maker. If you take care of your car, you will normally find a buyer.

Relax, enjoy it. There are cars that are faster, may hold value better, but if this is the car you want, that is all that counts.

10. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I couldn't have said it any better.

Regards,
    Chris

11. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach

I guess you guys are right especially since I got my car at sticker and just put th deposit down last week..the original buyer backed out. Cant wait to have my ride and I will have a 420 on order when they open the books for orders. This is my first f-car...cant wait.

12. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It will be well worth the wait :)

Regards,
    Chris

13. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    Did you get your car? I got a call from the dealer today that my car will not be here until the end of may begining of june....That did not make mew happy. They said it is at stage 20, does that make any sense to you? Anyhow I can wait that long.....everyday is torture.

14. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No. I last called my dealer on Monday morning. ( I'm trying to limit myself to one call per week to specifically ask for an update. ) The end of May sounds about right since your car really is just starting to be constructed.

Regards,
    Chris