275 GTB/C #09063 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

275 GTB/C #09063

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Steve275, Mar 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP512TR

RP512TR Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    FRESNO
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I have also seen that 275 GTB/C on Superior St. in Newport Beach. I've also been to that show room and its unbelivable.

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Steve is it the same car? Cause John has NO intentions of selling his car. Could there be another car painted this color?

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Armen, there is no mistake about which car Steve is claiming ownership of. He gives a detailed history of the car here.

One of two things must be happening here. Either Steve has been put together by someone claiming to offer the car for sale or, more obviously, Steve has fabricated the entire story (wouldn't be the first time that's happened here, would it?).

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Probably someone is putting him together. He seems like a reputable person. I sure would like to hear from Steve. Hopefully this is helping him out. Has he even been on Ferrarichat lately?

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    His most recent post was on April 7.

6. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Wayne

Nice to see your write up of the tale of 0853gt on page 25 of the FOC of GB's magazine this morning

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Andrew, thank you. That's interesting, though, as I knew nothing about their use of the article. Was it in the bi-monthly Ferrari News or the quarterly Ferrari publication?

8. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Wayne

It was in Ferrari news April 2004, issue 102.

"this article originally appeared in Ferrari market letter vol 28, november 2003"

Would you like a copy?

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Yes, please.

10. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    So much for the end result of this topic.
    I would have really liked to have known the outcome.

11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Armen
    As Mark said: "Two men claim to be Jesus. One of them must be wrong."
    Best
    Jim

12. Gerald Roush

Gerald Roush Karting
    Honorary

Apr 2, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Gerald L. Roush
    Wayne,

I have a long standing agreement (20+ years) with the Ferrari Owners Club (U.K.) in which I allow them to reprint anything they see of interest in my Ferrari Market Letter . . . as long as they credit the original source of the material.

Gerald

13. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    so, no reaction from Steve......

Must we forget him and his 275 GTB/C.

So, we all believed his Disneystory......

Come on Steve, give us a reaction......

14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.... an innocent man, and all that.
    I'm sure Steve will give his side of the story in due course.

15. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I don't think Steve's lying...I hope he hasn't been messed around by some idiot.

Innocent until proven guilty at this point...

16. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    No problem, Gerald. I was only curious.

17. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Trust is a big word in my dictionary, & one that I no longer believe in. For some time I have conducted business and become good friends with all sorts of people around the World, Integrity and Honesty have always been a formidable weapon in todays society & I have always strived to uphold the strictest levels in any kind of deal, private or business.
    As you all know I recently shared with you guys the very exciting news about securing the purchase of #9063 275 GTB/C, This has now been proven to be complete work of fiction by the seller. A Broker friend first caused me to start doubting the car's validity, and then Armen G in the So Cal forum added fuel to the fire when he knew someone who also had #9063 sitting in a garage.
    I have just returned from the US after making an official complaint and the whole matter is now in the hands of the US Authorities. 5 arrests have been made and I eargerly await the full investigation. I am out of pocket by nearly £500k and nothing to show for it, This I cannot yet recover and do not know if I'll ever see it again?
    I understand the stance taken by some people on this and other threads, But I can assure you it was never my intent to mislead, misrepresent or just plain lie about this vehicle.
    I pride myself on knowing alot about Ferrari Motor Cars, (I thought I did), Especially older models, But I have been well and truly duped, On the plane home to the UK I contemplated everything that had happened, I let myself get embroiled in excitement of the car and it's history without fully completeing the proper checks, taking the Seller's word for most of the important stuff, (This goes against the adve I have given to others countless times in the past). I also decided that my association with Ferrari stops now, I have 3 cars that love and I can ill afford any more now anyway !
    No-one is more sorry than I for the roller coaster of emotions this journey has been, I just never thought it would end like this.

(Embarrassed and Gutted),

Steve

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Steve,
    what can one say at a time like this other than i'm really sorry and hope you recover your money from the thieving b*stard.
    Regards.

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    In the light of Steve's comments, do i hear any humble pie being eaten ??

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My thoughts are with you.

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Steve,
    I am VERY SORRY to hear what has happened! At first I questioned you, knowing my friends car was NOT for sale! Then I started reading your posts, I realized you are a reputable guy. Then Wayne made a comment that maybe your getting ripped off. I realized that was the case. Again, I'm very sorry it all went in this direction! I hope justice takes it's course and you get your money back!!!

22. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    This is terrible terrible news! I hope you are able to recover the money, and convict the people responsible for this awful fraud.

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It seems, IMO, these cars attract the very best of people, and...sadly, the very worst of people, ....intent on profiting from a lifetime's dreams.

Like you, I daily flip a mental coin to go further down this exciting road, turn around and go back, ...or maybe just pull into a rest stop for awhile.

Very sorry for your experience. Hope they grind the bast*rds up!

24. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Steve, i can't begin to imagine the emotions you must be feeling. I wish you all the best and that things may turn for the better somehow. I'm sure that, for all its worth, you have all the moral support from all of us here.

Philip

25. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Armen's friend indeed still owns this car.