360 STRADALE STRIPE | FerrariChat

360 STRADALE STRIPE

Discussion in '360/430' started by jenzo, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    The 360 Stradale has an optional extra which is a stripe running along the car. Apparently this is quite an expensive extra. I was just thinking, my 360 Spider has just come back from the bodyshop after having a "full" front end respray, this is the second time its been done after covering extensive milage across Europe. What will happen when owners need the whole front painted on their Stradales, it is going to be a pain in the a** if you have a stripe... What will they do to overcome this?

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Consider getting Stongard (or similar product... they all use the same 3M "clear bra" film) put on the front of your car! It'll stay nice looking longer, and its much cheaper to replace the film than repaint!

So, where do you drive that you have had to repaint twice already?!?

3. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    I drive around Europe "alot". My girlfriend and I drove to Monaco for the grand prix, covering such milage and the conditions meant the car needed a front end respray on return.

4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Giann Maria on this message board had his CS done with a sticker stripe. He apparently isn't too happy with it. I saw a couple of the CS's in Italy recently with the stickers and the were coming up a little at the ends. To do the painted stripe, and do it right, you need to clear coat the entire car after the stripe is painted on. That's part of the reason the painted stripe costs so much, if done properly.

5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    this is a really good question. i was wondering the same thing the other day. i know a good ferrari paint shop (premier motorsport) in los angeles. i'll see if i can get an answer from them.