F40 Thread | FerrariChat

F40 Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 62 250 GTO, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    How many are left in North America?
    How much of a risk is buying a higher mileage F40 for a lower price?
    Are there a few that command a higher price due to performance increases from the factory?
    Any F40's in North America that have been owned by current or X racers?
    Are they worth the coin vs Performance on track?
    Can you drive them hard without stoping every 8 minutes to replace somthing? {As long as the maintenance is up to date}
    Also, can it be raced every second weekend without getting run down? {As long as the maintenance is done}

2. RP512TR

RP512TR Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    FRESNO
    Full Name:
    Ross
    The f40 is an awsome car with great performance. My uncle has one and i drive it from time to time and i deffinetly think it is worth the price if you have enough money to spare. My brother in-law AG512BBI has also had a few of them and it is still one of his favorite cars.

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    No insurance for this car, just track time.
    I can pedal a 911 or somthing around the city. {Which ever city has the best tracks} I would end up losing the car if I drove it on city streets. I think I would keep the car untill it couldn't be tracked any more. Then dump it off and look for another one.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I didn't realize that you were thinking of selling your 924 and moving up to 911 and an F40. That's pretty cool. Quite a jump.

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Uh O, someone thinks I fibbing!
    I'm not looking for one this summer but in a few years, I'll have one. As for the 924, it was an impluse buy {Kinda}. I have had 2 911's, sold one wrecked one. And I currently live with my g/f, and hope to clear 112k in the next 12 months. Not yet enough to afford such a car but it will open doors to other ideas I have. My goal is to have enough cash flowing in without constant attention, so I can expand and keep growing untill I have my hand in a few great pies that I can just take a breath and relax. I fell into a trap when I found my first P- car. I bought it and knew nothing about it. The lesson cost a few bucks and I haven't made that mistake since. My house purchase was a mistake, since I bought and sold it so quickly. I will be 23 in Aug. by 25 I will be looking very hard for an F40. I hope to have one by 28, and I also hope to be living in a sunny state with a couple of tracks close by.
    Think what you will. I have yet to fail at anyting important.

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #6 F1racer, Apr 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I don't think that you are fibbing or were fibbing. I thought that you were jumping from a 924 to a 911 and an F40 which I think is awesome. Most people don't have the guts to do that. For example, I don't think that I am quite ready to own an F40 as I haven't had the necessary experience owning F cars to know what I'm in for or to appreciate the F40. So I decided that I would start with a production Ferrari. Drove a 360's and 355's until I realized which one I wanted and then looked for 6 months for the right car. Jumping from a 924 to a F40 is huge. It takes some cojones. That's what I meant.

8. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    The car won't be in Canada. Too much winter. I'll find an x-racer or some other guy to show me the ropes. I've carried speed before, not in an Ferrari, but I can get up to speed without a problem. The turning/braking/shifting {as with any car} will be different but I'm not worried.