Car Vandalism | FerrariChat

Car Vandalism

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by richard_wallace, Apr 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I travel every week for the company I work for... I typically reside in a certain city for a year or so... So they put me up in a nice area in a corprorate apartment. I am in Ann Arbor, Mich currently... So I get to the corp apartment late last night 12:30am and get up and out the door at 6:30am this morning.. And what do I find? My Infinity FX45 with the windows smashed in - and the only thing missing is my radar dector (there were 20 DVDs MP3 Player, CD's, etc - but were not taken)... What a pain in the butt... and a mess of glass.

Last year I was on location in Chicago (Naperville area) - and my Jaguar XKR had all 4 tires slashed...

Year before that my Porsche 968 was keyed in St. Louis (Creve Cour area)...

I have now decided that once per year - I will plan on such events... And I am thinking about switching to a beat up 87 Honda (or something) for my work car...

But as my buddy mentioned - at least you weren't driving your 355 Spider :)

2. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    Buy a jeep and put a nascar sticker on it.
    Nobody will mess with it then.

3. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I had my car vandalized, too. I am thinking about inventing a camera device for cars. Memory flushes every 15 minutes if the motion or proximity detector does not go off. How hard could it be?

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    ooh! good tip!

5. 4re512M

4re512M Rookie

Apr 13, 2004
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    L.G.P
    I got a 2 web camera mounted in my car runs off 12V. A lil power dat recorder by sony function as a VCR. I get about 2 hours worth of video when I go clubbing with my car. Never had a problem though. I just worried about a drunk hit and run the parking lot.

Hope this helps

LGP

6. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    can you PM me the model numbers and specs?
    Much obliged.

thx
    luke

7. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
  8. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Vandalism like that is very unfortunate. If you owned a Chevy of some sort and took the necessary precautions i.e. parked close to the entrance, under a light and did not have anything visible in the car, I'd be surprised if this kind of thing would happen. IOW, the more bland the vehicle I think reduces this significantly. Something to consider so that your not inconvenienced again.