My P-car is stolen.... | FerrariChat

My P-car is stolen....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by navygakman, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    Broad daylight on Main Street in Bellevue. Parked there to go up to my office, when I came down it was gone :p

It has a lo-jack in it but the cops has not found it. Anyone here has experience with lo-jack?

2. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Lo-jack, oh crap, I got Kojak, when my car was stolen I got a mysterious phonecall "who loves ya baby" hope you are laughing man because it sucks to have your car stolen.

Actually it took almost 4 days to locate my car.

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Oh, man! Stewart, what the heck is happening?! :(

4. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    Must have an order for a car just like that.... No one other than some pros would steal a car 3 PM on a weekday on a busy street. With alarm and everything.

Does lo-jack really work?

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No, but i know how easy it is to steal a Porsche. Takes about 10 seconds.

6. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    wow what a terrible thing to happen to a fellow 964 Owner, hope they get it back with little damage

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    that sucks......pray to the car diety ya get it back!!! i thought that LOJACK used satellites to track the car anywhere anytime, and is is activated if the alarm is set off.

8. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Stewart,

Sorry to hear about this. It must have been done by a pro like you said. Hope it gets recovered, and/or insurance company treats you right.

9. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Really sorry to hear that Stewart - hope it works out.

I thought Lo-Jack was only useful in certain cities where the PD was "plugged in" to the system?

10. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    navygakman,

im really sorry to hear that this happened. i had no idea it was possible to steal a porsche that easily. i hope you are able to either recover the car or get a fair settlement from your insurance company.

reaper,

lojack actually uses a network of vans with recievers able to track a lojack equipped vehicle in of their coverage areas. they track the car by determining which lojack van has the strongest signal, which indicates that it is closest to the car being tracked. im not sure what the range was, but my understanding is that once the car is taken out of the coverage area it is not trackable anymore.

11. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Sorry to hear about you P-car. LoJack has been VERY effective here in AZ and in CA. They recently nabbed a Chevy Suburban heisted in So-Cal, run across the border and turned up in Phoenix with a load of pot. The vehicle was recovered along with the thieves, and the smugglers. Here is the coverage area:

Statewide coverage (over 80% of the population):
    Arizona
    California
    Connecticut
    District of Columbia
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    New Jersey
    Rhode Island\

Major Metropolitan areas, cities and high crime area coverage:
    Colorado
    Northern Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Northeast Illinois
    Southeast Louisiana
    Washington
    Southern Nevada
    Southeast New Hampshire
    Southeast New York
    Southeast Pennsylvania
    Central Texas
    Virginia

12. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    ewright - In Phoenix, Scottsdale, etc., some of the police patrol cars are equiped with LoJack receivers.

13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Stewart,
    This sucks! You have had bad luck with car prowls, now theft....crap, I remember driving that car, and it had an alarm too, plus the Lo-Jak?...sheez. I guess I will quit laughing at all the people with those silly steering wheel bar locks....not so silly now.

14. John Miles

John Miles Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Really sorry to hear that, Stewart. The Seattle area is a haven for car thieves, as we've both now learned to our chagrin.

15. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    Hey John you had a car stolen also?

16. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    It's OK guys. I have no emotional tie to that P-car. It is/was my ex's car anyway. And it was not a "great" car, so if it does not get recovered, it is just as well for her to get another one... I just hope the insurance company (I have USAA) will be nice to me :)

17. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    I live in Bellevue (Clyde Hill) and one of the things I brag about is the low crime. Where on Main was it stolen, cause that blows my mind. Main is very busy and has lots of shops and offices that look right onto the street. The thief has some serious balls!

DC

18. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Slomo,
    The entire Eastside IS very low in crime...about 10% of what we have here in Seattle...I am reminded of this fact by my close friend who is a senior deputy prosecutor for King County...btw, he lives in Clyde Hill as well. :)

Low crime, does not mean NO crime...it still exists. I grew up in Bellevue (Bellevue High grad), and we had our cars prowled on several occaisions around Bellevue, and one stolen from a Park & Ride lot, over by I-90.

19. navygakman

navygakman Karting

Feb 15, 2002
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Stewart Chung
    Slomo,

The car was parked right in front of that Oriental carpet store for no more than 2 hours. Around 3 PM on Friday. I walked around the block thinking I forgot where I parked but to no avail. Must be a pro's job.

But why MY Porsche instead of all the other nicer ones around here??? If I was the thief, I would pick a later model like a 996, or at least one that is CLEAN. My car was dirty as hell and is f*ing RED color. I mean, what the F*???

Stewart :p

20. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    EWRIGHT.. thanks for the info....... hope they find that car but if it was a "PRO"job then its in parts or on a ship by now.:eek:(

21. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  22. Morrie

Morrie Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Sarasota/Asheville
    FWIW, A friend in the security business once told me that most calls to Lo-Jack are from people wanting to know what their spouses are up to.