Reading 5/16 - caravan from D.C.? | FerrariChat

Reading 5/16 - caravan from D.C.?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Bryanp, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I know it's 5 weeks away, but who is going? Feature marque is "the 250." I'm sending my 65$ in next week and thought I'd see if anyone is interested in an early morning caravan on Sunday 5/16 from D.C.

Since my wife's due date for baby has been pushed back from 5/19 to 5/28, I've been given permission to go. I think SNJ5 (Russ) is going to ride up w/ me in the Queen Mother.

The show starts at 10:00. I'm not planning on attending the awards banquet, so we'll be heading back around 3:00.

Any takers? and I forget how long it takes to drive up . . .

2. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

HHMMMM. I thought Russ was going to Skip Barber with me that weekend? Russ, what's up?

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I heard you have to own a ferrari to attend. Is this true? I may be going in a friend's alfa spyder but i'm just wondering

4. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I don't think Ferrari ownership is a requirement. The last time I went a few years ago, there were perhaps a half dozen Alfas and a Fiat Dino Spyder. Ferrari is definitely the main emphasis - my guess is that there were about 130 Ferraris, plus or minus. I don't know if there is a charge for spectators. It's $65 to enter a car and attend the banquet after the show.

Doppelmax - I think Russ was going to come back from Europe late Sat. nite (5/15) and therefore not be in any condition to hop in his Ferrari to drive to Reading - that's why he was going to ride w/ me . . . Maybe he forgot Skip Barber??

So no one else is planning on driving up to the largest yearly gathering of Ferraris in the mid-atlantic???

5. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

BryanP - well I'm actually wrong, the 3 day VIR Racing School is the following weekend May 21-23. I'll probabaly go to Reading after all. When does the registration fee have to be in and where does it go? Where are you meeting to head up?

6. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I'll bring in and post the relevant info tomorrow.

I was going to see where the critical mass of folks who wanted to caravan were coming from to determine the rendezvous point. You're out 66 west, right?

7. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Hello from San Francisco
    Am travelling now, but the current plan is for Reading when I come back from Europe; DMax - still looking at VIR the following unless JLo returns my calls for that weekend, or my impending June move to San Antonio forces issues...

Bryan - not sure about Gtouring - Kendall says 2 more weeks so we'll see if we get the car in for cams before I move. I really want to pick it up when I return from Europe.

best
    rt

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm pretty sure a bunch of us Philly area guys are going. I know I am. Let us know your route, maybe we can find a rendezvous point.

9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    add one more to the Phila area guys going.

10. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Dave add me and my Dad as well with the 355! Let me know where you guys plan on meeting up. Last year we went and had a great time in the rain and all!!! Will the dino be ready?
    Erik

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Erik.

Looking good for this week. Motor is back together, and back in the car, my next visit it should be running, and then, take it home next week.

But, who knows for sure.

Erik, do you have a link or contact info for the Reading event?

12. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    from Sgr. Castiglioni's flyer:
    20th Annual Ferrari Concours d'Elegance and Luncheon
    Reading Country Club, Reading, PA
    10 to noon - arrivals and car prep
    noon to 2 - concours judging
    3 to 5 - luncheon and awards

Event fee $65 per person including luncheon (cash bar)
    host hotel - Sheraton Reading - 610 376 3811. For reservations call the hotel by 4/22 and mention the Ferrari Concours.

Make check payable to Reading Ferrari Concours
    1109 Daniel Street
    Reading PA 19605
    610 926 4382

the registration form requires name, address, tel, as well as year, s/n, model of the car. "Complete travel instructions will be makiled to you upon receiving this Registration"

13. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Dave it is a great ride right up 422. The cars are awesome and the people that show up are real car nuts. Last year there must have been 80+ cars there and the weather sucked, but we all still had a blast. What is even cooler is the 90% of the cars are driven there. That is awesome. Dave get that dino done and on the road!!!! I can't wait to check it out.
    Erik

14. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Thanks for the details BryanP, I'm down by Andrews AFB. Could meet you pretty much anywhere.

Russ - Glad to hear your still interested in Skip Barber, have you checked on availability? the class is limited to 16, I was number 4 back in February so you might want to check.