Ferrari of Atlanta | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Atlanta

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by coachi, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I had the great pleasure of visiting Ferrari of Atlanta this past weekend. From the first minute of arrival, the people there were extremely cordial. They went out of their ways to show me their facilities (and they are extremely impressive compared to the old FaF that I used to visit), spoke to me at length about my cars and theirs...I was given a royal tour of their stables and saw among others 2 Enzos, 1 F 50, 1 F40, a 275 GTB4 alloy, several Boxers, a Daytona, several 575 and 550 maranellos, a horde of 360 modenas, some older Testarossas, a 412 etc. etc. It is a shame I did not have my cameras, as some of these cars were owners/customers cars and would have loved to photograph them.

The highest praise goes to Mark McDaniel, in the service department for the professional way he handled my recall, and he even went out of his way to return my wife's handbag she had left in the trunk of the loaner they gave me while they were working on my car. I was stuck at a wedding rehearsal, and could not drive back there to get the bag myself..he simply and cordially volunteered to bring the bag to me...a 1/2 hour drive.

To me, this is service with a smile. Together with a first class facility and a truly dedicated Ferrari dealership, it will be my pleasure to do business with them in the years to come.

I highly recommend them to everyone.

2. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I allways go there for service and my car is there right now infact. They are great. Chriss, mark, Levi and Steven all great guys.

3. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Loaner car?

LOANER CAR????

Holy cow! I wish I lived in Atlanta!!!

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Coach, was this a recall on your 550? If so, mind sharing with us? thx

DrTax

5. Steve Marschman

Steve Marschman Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Idaho Falls
    Full Name:
    Steve Marschman
    Hmmm... you and I must have visited two different places. I drove down from Tennessee on Friday (the 21st) to drop off my TR to get the seatbelts replaced and the FI tuned up. Asked if I could take some pictures and Mark says "sure." I get my camera and take a few in the shop of the red Enzo when this old guy comes up and starts *****ing me out for being there. I explained I had asked permission and that I had brought my TR in (ie, I'm a paying customer who has driven 210 miles to get there). The guy is still cold as ice. To say the least, I DID NOT spend any extra money on memorabilia like I had planned. I don't take to well to people who treat me rudely. When I go back, I'll go in my 3-piece, introduce myself as Dr. and we'll have a little talk about customer courtesy.

Maybe us TR owners are just riff-raff compared to those buying newer cars... but wait, I am looking for a 550... guess I'll be looking somewhere else.

6. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I don't blame you Steve. What an ass. I can't stand that kind of treatment. Its not like there are tons of Ferrari owners out there. They should be very polite especially since you were getting your car serviced there.

7. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    DrTax, I was told the recall was not a recent one necessarily, but they had to change some transmission (?) cooler lines as they could rupture at the seams or something like that. I also needed warranty work done on the carpet not fitting properly behind my seat..they took pictures and ordered new carpet for me from FNA. I was there twice on Nov 21, and it amazes me that someone treated you like that. I did not have a three piece suit on, nor was i there to buy anything. I cant imagine either of the owners who were there that day being rude like that...Hugh Stewart id one who talked to me alot and he was polite an English gentleman as I have ever met. The other gentleman whose name escapes me at the moment was also very nice and polite. I am sorry this happened, and I am sure there must be someone to account for this.
    And yes they arranged for the loaner (not a Ferrari...darn) and did drive 30 minutes to my hotel to bring me back my wife's purse. To me that was first class.

8. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Steve:

I agree with your impressions entirely. I am a Doctor and believe me they still treated me like sh*t. The sales manager is rude and I found most of the staff quite cold. I purchased a used 355 there(for which I paid $118,000 just before 9/11. The day I arrived to pick up the car the sales manager didn't even say hello when he walked straight past me in the showroom let alon thank me for my business. Beyond that a young salesman by the name of Levi was anything but helpful. In all, the car I purchased was a superb example but I regret giving them my business. I have since purchased a 550 and an F512M. You can bet they didn't get that business!! Pretty pathetic place IMHO.

Regards,

Mark

9. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I did not a buy car from them. I go there for service and every time I took my car to them they were simply great. I have BMW and a Porsche as well. As far as customer service Global BMW and Jim Ellis Porsche can nt come close to FOA. The only bad thing is no loaners. It would have been sweet though if they were giving out loaners.

10. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I live in NJ and bought my Boxer sight unseen. FOA did my PPI and Mark was great. I must have called him 20 times in less than 24 hour period. They even helped with getting the car loaded on the trailer.I told him I wanted to know even if there was a piece of flys**t on the car. Mark was great and always pleasant.

11. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    It seems like the "Doctors" set off some kind of detector at FoA.

I guess that med school tuition didn't deliver as fully as expected.......

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    That perturbs me to no end. FINE, EXOTIC automobiles and below poor service or treatment. Why do the rotton apples have to ruin it?

I'ts been a few years, but out in Tucker, Georgia, I managed to find Moon Street. A dusty road just past the cement truck parking (you'd never expect to find a Ferrari place here) at the end of the street was FoA. Though I was out traveling on business, they took time to talk and answer questions. I enjoyed the experience during my short visit at that time. But things change, you would hope for the best?

13. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I am working on a deal on a 355 with them as we speek and so far so good .

14. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    I find it amazing that people can have such completely
    opposite experiences at the same place.

15. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    In general FOA rocks and the people are real nice. Everybody has a bad day and sometimes might act out of sort. I think they are a good dealer in general. I'm sure its a struggle to pay for the new building and land and equipment. After all F cars are not a high volume car. I also visited them when they were back by the concrete batch plant and it was hard to believe that was their location. The service was good though.

16. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    The new location is simly great.