Should I get the stripe. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Should I get the stripe.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dan360, Nov 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should I get the stripe???

1. Yes I'm a boy race too - Get the Stripe.

2. No you're mad - Don't do it.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Doody,

But that $4k stripe adds 50HP ;-) Then if he adds a few NOS/etc. stickers and a "Type R" emblem that'll add another 40HP or so (but deduct 35 in torque as ricers have none of that). So in conclusion:

It all adds 90HP... but takes away 50 torque.

Enjoy the Humor,

Steven R. Rochlin

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow... Results are in, it's 50/50 so far... i think you should absolutely get the stripe - i'll be upset if you DON'T...! (Yeah, i know that will weigh heavily into your final decision:), but still)...

3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

There has to be a way to recreate an OE looking stripe from adhesive backed vinyl or even better, that 3M static cling vinyl - just throwing out some alternatives. I wld inquire at a good truck lettering shop.

GG

4. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i'm having a lot of sleepless nights trying to decide if i want a stripe on my stradale or not. the first time i saw the rosso scuderia stradale with a stripe i thought it looked a little corny. but the more times i've seen it the more i think i want it :) but the stripe does look better on some colors than on others. for instance, the stripe looks awesome on a black stradale. period. but i bet the stripe does not look that good on a yellow stradale. i've seen rosso scuderia stradales with and without stripes and they both look good...but i'm leaning towards voting for the stripe on the rosso scuderia stradale.

i think the ferrari community is split fairly evenly on the stripe...but i bet there will be a lot of raised eyebrows among people in the non-ferrari community... when you drive down the street in a rosso scuderia stradale without a stripe and everybody is looking at your car you know without a doubt they all love it. but if you drive down the same street with a rosso scuderia stradale with a stripe and everybody is pointing at your car i bet a lot of them will be thinking "why did that idiot paint that stupid stripe down the middle of that beautiful ferrari!"

crap. i almost had myself totally convinced to get a stripe...now back to sleepless nights...

5. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    I thought about that too, Rick. But WHO CARES?

Dan, the "get the stripe" is pulling ahead and ain't looking back. DO IT!!!

Paul

6. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    yeah. you're right :) i vote for the stripe!

rick

7. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Dan, just get it! It looks goooooood.

8. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Yeah - early on it was 70% nays now we're upto 60% yeahs!

My dealer did use the term "ballsy" to describe the choice of the stripe. But I think I'm going with the "I want it so I'll have it and let's not worry about the consequences" strategy.

I'll report back when I actually have to place the formal order - still a few days to prevaricate...

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    C'mon, everyone, help me cheer Dan & Rick on...

STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE! STRIPE!

10. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    dan360:
    here's my pocket change.
    I say, no stripe. There's something beautiful in all things understated, and something very sinister in "... speaking quietly, and carrying a big stick..." Dunno if you catch my meaning, but there's my morning coffee money...

11. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Hmmm.... do you live in an area with a lot of 360's and want to set yourself apart?

I say get fiorano red car, lime green metallic and pearlecent white stripe. Announce your presence like a foghorn.

"Have you seen him go, though, oh ?
    Have you seen him go, though, oh ?
    Boy racer
    Boy racer, oh
    We're gonna kill this pretty thing
    Boy racer
    Boy racer, oh
    We're gonna kill this pretty thing
    "

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

what is sublte about a 360 anyway?

13. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Nothing, I suppose. I just like having a a trick up my sleeve.

PS: I talked to MOZ about it, and he said "... please, please let me get the car without the stripe..."

14. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    ROFLMAO!!!! don't make me laugh, my mouth still hurts from my wreck. owww owww owww owww

15. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Hugh
    I think you would have enjoyed the Renualt LeCar Turbo II. Surprized a few with that one...

16. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    James: I'll have to try it. (at the moment, I'm trying to squeeze my ass into an open wheel car...)

17. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Loose a horse ,loose a saddle. Get the stripe, it goes with the deal.

18. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Guys, that joke isn't funny anymore.

19. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    paul, do you mean to imply that you've got a "ring around the fountain" ?

20. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Hubert,

Last night I dreamt that somebody striped me...

No tame, no same, just another Stradale that ain't lame...

Paul

21. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Paul , last i heard "stripes are murder," and the "queen striper is dead."

22. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    My last word on this subject:

There is a stripe that never fades out...

To the rest of the board: Don't even try to figure out what we are talking about.

Paul

23. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Don't stripe it. The stripe looks lame. Why not spend that money on something else more worth while. If you really have to have the stripe you can have one made for you by an automivite decal shop for THOU$AND$ less than what the factory is gonna rip you off for. And, if you don't like it you can just peel it off instead of having to pay for the whole car to be repainted.

24. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    the ernies are split on this one... if you think the stripe enhances the character of the car you should get it. i would hate to get the car and regret not having the stripe every time you look at it. personally, i probably would not get the stripe in the interest of understatement, but its your car and your decision, get what you really want!

ernie:)

25. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Well, isn't that a little hand in glove...