Great Ferrari 512TR for sale on Ebay | FerrariChat

Great Ferrari 512TR for sale on Ebay

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by FerrariSlave, Apr 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
  2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    uh - a dealer had a "brand new F355 Spider" on the showroom floor in 2002?

she IS a pretty little thing though.

his BIN seems quite reasonable - anybody have thoughts on the pricing?

obviously the presumed body work would need a thorough check-out and vetting.

doody.

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You guys - that's Tom's. He's an FChat member. He just bought it practically. I pm'ed him about it and he basically said, "I know! It's an addiction!" :)

4. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    that's a bargain is the car checks out OK.

There was a 1993 512tr with 27000kms red-tan sold in canada for $169000.00 canadian dollars. Taken into consideration that the 512tr is quite rare in Canada. I know of only 3 in the Montreal Area and maybe 5 in Toronto.

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    He just got it on 2/26/04?? :(

Looks like from the auction that he is trading up to a 360. Yes, this truly is an addiction! :)

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Price seems very good assuming PPI checks out well, but I don't know how Black/Crema combo is perceived in the market. Ferrari salesmmen told me before some color combo are not popular, so price will be lower compared w/ popular one. Personally, I like them, but then again, I like it in silver, red, yellow.... I wish Cali Blue 512TR goes on sale....

7. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    The message on e-bay says NO RESERVE... However it is saying on the price area - RESERVE NOT MET? Wonder what is up with that?

Good looking car... Bad thing is damage title due to the accident... Will kill the resale (valid reason or not). But good deal if you are looking at a driver car.

8. he bought it and is selling it right away. ? Why so

9. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    OK....I just got home from a loooong day in the market and here you guys are talking about me like I don't even exist...LOL. Yes...... It's Tom's car (....that would be me).

The F-chatters who belong to our Ferrari Club in the KC area can attest to the fact that I NEVER hold on to a car for longer than 3 months.....(not an exaseration). It's a SICKNESS, man. Those of you with time on your hands, check out all the cars I bought over the past 4 months in my feedback (two Porsches, one 360M...). There is a reason why my wife left me 3 times over the past few years (ok...not all of them was over cars...but that's anothe thread). Everytime when I fall for one that I thought might last.....but I fall out of love just as quickly as I fall in love....I must admit, this one is a bit harder to let go because I still had strong feeling but the urge to move on for the next one is a lot stronger.

For those of you interested, I WILL NOT sell it to you at ANY PRICE unless you make an investment to come out and see the car in person. Period...NO EXCEPTION. This is the same thing I had told over 100 people who had inquired. In the end, it will likely go at the Buy It Now before the auction over....which is great because that means I get to go shop for my next F360 Spider......Man, I am sooo stoked.

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

I originally had it as NO RESERVE but too many people inquired for Buy It Now price so I revised the auction (but forgot to remove the No Reserve in the description....and frankly not Ebay savvy enough to go in a edit the change...oh well)

11. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Why don't you post this at F-ads.com? That's where I check every week, well along w/ another 10 sites.

Why don't you sell the car unless that person see it in person? I don't see the logical reason for this.

So you're going for 360 spider, that's a beautiful open car!

12. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    --F-ads--too much work...didn't want to go through that much work selling the car (i figured ebay is more than adequate exposure)
    --the reason i don't sell unless the prospective buyer sees it in person is really to "protect" buyer. i want to assure he/she knows exactly what they buy....it just doesn't seem right for someone to spend $85000 on a car sight unseen...
    --yeah....either spider or a newer F1360M (either red/tan or yellow/black). i am soooo stoked.

13. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I haven't bothered w/ E-bay before, as you have to register to buy, not familiar w/ how it works, & many teasing/claim posts here on e-bay listed F, which motivated me to ask this question. Whatever you feel comfortable is what you should anyway. I was surprised how many F is listed there, though.

Good luck!