1986 Testarossa | FerrariChat

1986 Testarossa

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by staceman, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    I'm looking for two items for this TR: yellow pilfer-resistant valve stem caps & four used (clean / good condition) spline Speedline wheels. Any idea where these items can be sourced would be helpful. Thanks.

2. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    Any suggestions out there? Please advise.

3. 2mmuch

2mmuch Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Hi Staceman
    I have a set of 4 rims and tires I bought here in town at a garage sale. The rubber on the back two are great, the rims are kind of dinged up. I bought them for the tires. There just sitting in my garage now. Here's a couple of pictures let me know. I'll cut you a great deal.

Lou

4. 2mmuch

2mmuch Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Luigi
  5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi Lou....are those wheels the stock width and offset? Do you know what brand they are? Odd colors.

6. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    Thank you Lou. I'm in Washington for the next two days. Let me get back to you when I return. I actually posted this question for a friend who has the '86 TR and I will forward your post to him.
    Stacy . . .

7. 2mmuch

2mmuch Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Hi Jeff
    The guy I bought them off of took them off his Black 87TR. Put his originals back on an sold his car. The rims have alot of little nicks around the edge. Alot of bad park jobs if you ask me. Haven't tried them on mine but they do look like the correct off set. Don't know what brand name they are but there is an F C on all the nuts around the outside edge. I like the look of them. Is it posible to replace the outside chrome rim? They are a 3 piece rim.

Lou

8. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would imagine the rims can be repaird without too much trouble, I don't think new outer rims would be needed. Are they 16" or 17" diameters? Of all the aftermarket wheels for single-lug TRs I've never seen any quite like that. Even though I've restored my TR wheels to better than new, I still keep my eyes open for nice looking aftermaket wheels. I like the Compomotive wheels. I've email them several times but get no response. I guess they don't need any more business eh?

9. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    Lou thank you for posting the photos. We're going to take a pass and keep looking elsewhere.