What to do with threads on replicas? | FerrariChat

What to do with threads on replicas?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Brian C. Stradale, Apr 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Where should threads on replicas be posted?

1. In Vintage (if a replica of a Vintage car).

2. Leave them in Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)

3. Bump them to Off-Topic (they're not Ferraris)

4. Add a Model-Specific Forum called Replicas

5. Add an Off-Topic Forum called Replicas

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    There's a dozen or two threads on replicas... mostly 250 GTO's, of course. Do you Vintage guys want those threads here? Or not interested?
    On-going, where should replica discussions end up being archived?

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Man, it's really hard to say.

The whole spectrum of replicas runs from the lovely Daytona replica (to which a recent thread was started ) to the most egregious Fiero or Pinto based monster. I would guess the vintage devotees would like to see quality projects but might be nauseated by the latter.

Since one man's junk is another's treasure I don't know how to draw the line.

I would think that the vintage guys by and large, are a fairly serious lot and would not like the clutter of the junky replicas.

I guess common sense might segregate the good from the bad and a reasonable poster would slot appropriately.

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    From what ive seen there seems to be a lot of interest on this subject so why not create its own section.

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    If we're discussing a particular GTE or 330 that has sadly been converted to a replica of a GTO, etc., sure. We can discuss that here. As for the rest, take it somewhere else!

5. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    #5 urraco, Apr 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I know this pic ain't a good one but how can you tell if it's a replica I recall hearing it's engine and it was terrific full of power and of course V12 but since I found it in Mexico everyone in this forums keep on telling it wa fake how will I know?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I'm with Wayne - if there is a GTE, PF Coupe, 330 or 365 that has given its life to become a replica, that info is appropriate here.

7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I agree completely.

And if it's a non-pontoon TR replica, please let me know the details, so that I can buy it, and then at least I'll be quiet about replicas on Ferrarichat. (For a little while.) ;)

--Matt

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The incorrect curve at the base of the windscreen is a give away to the car in the photo being a fake. In fact that windscreen looks like a Datsun Z windscreen ...

Compare your model to the photo and you will see the differences in the bottom corners of the windscreen.

Pete