PPI COSTS IN OR AROUND ATLANTA | FerrariChat

PPI COSTS IN OR AROUND ATLANTA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by thecarreaper, Apr 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    help! i am very close to a ferrari purchase ( 308) , can someone give me an idea of costs of a PPI and how hard it is to schedule one? owner is motivated to sell and i am willing to buy the car this weekend if we come to an agreement. any help or advice would be a real help!!!!!!! with my work schedule, its very hard for me to make inquries during the day as i work around loud aircraft and cell phones are not allowed in the work area. thank you!!! michael

2. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    Call FOA ===> 1-800-522-2345. I'm sure they'd be happy to look at it. I hope it turns out to be a great car; keep us informed.

Good luck!

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    FoA did a PPI for me - great people. i really enjoyed dealing with them.

scheduling was non-trivial though, as they were busy at the time.

they are highly regarded here.

doody.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    For a modern Ferrari I too would recommend FOA. However, for a 328 back I would recommend Jim Weed in Tucker,Ga., 770.938.7281. If the car you want inspected is a Boxer or old V12 from the 50s-60s, try Mike Gurly at Continental Coachworks in Conyers, Ga.,770.922.8562. Mike won't touch anything newer than a Boxer. Jim and Mike are the absolute BEST with classic Ferraris !

5. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    michael,
    I recently had a PPI done by the guys at FoA... talk to Mark - he'll take care of you. It'll run you about about $200 - which includes road test and full checklist check. If you want compression testing (which I did), that is available for additional cost. Well worth the money, in my opinion.

Good luck!!
    Byron

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I forgot that ex-FOA service manager Ron Reineke now has his own shop in Lilburn, Ga., Speciale MotorWerks, 404.435.6760. He would also be great for a PPI .

7. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks for all the help, i have to get to class( embry riddle night school). i will update when possible!!!!! thanks!!! michael

8. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    mike gurly at contiental coach works wont do a ppi.
    FOA wants $200.oo for a ppi, with road test, around $400 with a compression check.
    Jim weed was great on the phone and said $85 to " look it over", $170 for a compression check.
    in my case i believe FOA is closer for the owner so i am going with them if we can nail down a few details the first of the week.
    state farm wanted $1400 year for insurance, full coverage of course. hagerty wants $574 with great coverage and towing ect.
    thanks to all who have helped me online and on the phone behind the scenes. will update if i get it, there are several gtb's for sale if this one does not work out.
    thanks, michael

9. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Just a thought - do you want a Ferrari body shop guy to look it over to see if there are any structural / cosmetic issues ?

Good luck - we're all waiting to hear about the outcome of whatever car you get !

10. Heath

Heath Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    If you are buying a 308 or any Ferrari up to 1989 it is a classic the Mondial Cab I sold cost $206.00 every 6 mos. full coverage with State Farm and last week I got a rate quote for a 88 328 gts at 385 every 6 mos. The key is 15 years old.

11. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    VINCE, great idea, though i am dealing with the broker and he cant make many / any decisions without consulting the owner, who seems to be really busy most of the time.

as far as state farm and "classic" status, they insured all of my muscle cars, with great rates. i figured just as you said that a 79 308 would be considered a classic and i could get cheap insurance. i went to the agent yesterday and she had a cow and said the car was rated a " 46" and that state farm gave no breaks on ferraris. i want to talk with the head agent in charge and see what he says. i cant wait 5 days for hagerty to insure the car so i can get tags and THEN drive it down the interstate 4 hours. may have to tow it but all of my "friends" claim to not have any time , trailer or intrest all of a sudden. i am going to look like an ass if this falls through , but at least i am trying!!! thanks to all those here for the PM and phone help. will update later.