360 CS | FerrariChat

360 CS

Discussion in '360/430' started by 410SA, Apr 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I have an opportunity to trade my 2001 360 (F1, 3,200 miles Tit/Blk) for a new 360 CS as well as some cash into the deal.

I have a 575 that is a wonderful daily driver and I drive the 360 far less often as a result. It feels like a small car, with a distinct lack of "grunt" at low revs compared to the 575. I crave a real edgy, twitchy beast of a car, one with the feel of a hard to drive exotic, rather than the pampered luxury of the current 360.

Is the CS enough of a quantum change from the regular run-of-the-mill 360 to warrant doing the deal? In other words, will I notice a difference?

Any thoughts out there?

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

From what I understand the car is what you're looking for. Any chance of you driving one? If you don't mind me asking, what kind of cash do they want?

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Alex, from what I understand individuals who swapped their 360 Modena into a 360 CS indicate that there is a world of difference. Smoother, tighter, better handling response, more in touch with the road, more feedback to the driver, etc., etc. are all frequent utterances for those that have made the switch.

I think this might be something to look into seriously, especially as you indicate the 360 has certain weaknesses vis-a-vis the 575M. The 360 CS may not get you all the way there, but it should get you a heck of a lot closer.

HTH.

4. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I'm waiting for the number. It will also involve me handing off the 360 right away and waiting for the CS (less than 6 months).

5. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    The CS is your ticket! I traded in an 01 360 Spider for a new CS and the difference is immense. I didn't drive my Spider much for the same reasons as you stated. The CS looks, sounds, feels, handles, brakes and accelerates like a race car but with totally acceptable ride quality. It won't have the low-end grunt of your 575 but the throttle response is electric with a high rpm wallop. The F1 transmission works flawlessly as well.

And get the stripe, you won't regret it!!!

Paul

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Alex, I have a 575 and a CS, and have owned a Modena. IMO the CS/575 combination is perfect; the cars offer completely different driving experiences. By the standards of today's large & heavy sportscars, the CS truly is raw and unrefined - from the sound, to the interior appointments, to the very light and quick feeling the car has. As you know, the 575 offers effortless, wheel spinning power in an elegant package; the CS reads exotic. I think you'd be very happy with a CS.

Edit: "by the standards of today's large and heavy sportscars" is a critical point. If you want a truly raw, twitchy beast, I think you have to reach back in time. I've thought about looking into vintage cars for just that reason. On the other hand, IMO in the CS Ferrari have done a fantastic job creating the "race car for the street."

7. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Paul is right. Get the CS, I did. Also get the stripe - it is absolutely stunning with the stripe.

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Alex,

I've been going through a similar dilema. Same 360 that you have etc. My guess is they want $50-60 K difference. Plus you're without the car for that time. The CS is a hell of a car but are you really getting that much more bang for the $$ for it considering what you'd have to spend? If money is not of any concern than by all means go for it providing they give you a fair price for the 360. The CS is a better car for what you are looking for if you simply compare the two.

9. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I pulled the trigger today - expecting the CS in November. I ordered Rosso Corsa (traditional red rather than Stradale red), the stripe and red calipers.

10. Campione

Campione Rookie

Apr 19, 2004
    TürkiyE
    Full Name:
    JeMK
    Congrats, you'll enjoy the CS for sure!!

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    nice! Can't wait to see it.

12. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Great choices. They are the same as mine

13. ferrariman605

ferrariman605 Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Thousand oaks
    Full Name:
    PJ Rizzuti
    when you get it post some pics for all of us 2 enjoy
    -PJ

14. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Alex, they now offer the calipers in the same rosso scuderia color as your body color. you should look into it as it matches the color of your car exactly. the red is a little off.

15. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I ordered the calipers in Rosso Corsa, exactly the same as the car. It's one of the upgrades they now offer and I'm really pleased about that.

16. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Alex, i know that on the 05 models you will also have an option of a different exhaust system as well.

17. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    What interior color and options did you order? Albert has all the right options, including the interior color and leather selection.

18. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Red seats, black bolsters, red & black dashboard, red steering wheel - whole lotta red going on!

19. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Lovely red, lovely red...;-)

20. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Red steering wheel? Hmm.

Do they let you change the rpm guage to red a la Enzo? The yellow is a bit ... loud.

--Dan

21. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Congradulations! Think I would prefer Rossa Corso also. Too much of an orange tint in the new F1 color for me.
    I'm surprised there was a slot open at this late date.

22. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    thats great how much did you have to come up with extra if you don't mind I would make a trade in a heart beat 01 BLACK BLACK 4,000 MILES where did you go to make the trade?