348 question | FerrariChat

348 question

Discussion in '348/355' started by yesod, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
    #1 yesod, Apr 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    I'm pretty sure the front one's are correct. When we bought our 348, the wheels were the same way. Unfortunately, the rear tires were directional, so I couldn't just swap sides. I had to take them to a tire shop and have the tire's remounted. Funny though, I didn't notice that they were swithced on my car until I posted pics on Fchat and someone pointed it out to me.

-John

3. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.
    Common mistake - the front wheels are CORRECT - The rears have been put on the wrong side. With directional tires you can not change sides unless you re-mount as described above.

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'm too lazy to go check my wheels... but why wouldn't you want the sloped portion of the wheel facing forward? That way, wouldn't it be slightly more aerodynamic?

-Daniel

5. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Isn't that a great looking 348 though? Quite elegant.

6. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Haha. In great minds you have flaws. I guess the Ferrari engineers at the time were not thinking about that.
    lol

7. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    i had the same problems with mine, when i bought it, the rear wheels were on the false side...

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I will take (a minor) issue with this. I run directional tires (S03s) on my F355. When I go to MSR the right side tires wear at a considerably faster rate than the left sides. So, after a day of such (ab)use, I simply flip the tires side to side, and it drives just fine, and handles exactly the same at the track.

Just don't do this in the rain as the tread will now be forcing water under the tread rather than out from under the tread.

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Mitch -

That's an interesting idea! I never really considered it, but since I don't drive my car in the rain, swapping sides might indeed get a little extra mileage from the rubber. Hmmm... I'll need to noodle this one around to really consider the pros & cons.

-Daniel