Can anyone recommend a good trucking company? | FerrariChat

Can anyone recommend a good trucking company?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Ric, Apr 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    I want to ship my car to Seattle for my brother in the next week or so, and I'd appreciate it if anybody here can recommend a good trucking company in the fort worth area. I want my car to be shipped in an enclosed container. I heard terrible stories about DAS(dependable auto shippers). Customers drove their cars to some kind of tow yard and the cars didn't get to be shipped ontime and such. looks like they are just broker, the middle men. Can anyone help? thank you so much.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Have you talked to Horseless Carriage? I know FCA uses them for their new car deliveries. But, they're not FW based.

Which car are you shipping?

3. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    Hi Jimpo,

My car is just a lowly low mileage M3 :) but it's in very good condition. thanks.

4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I would contact Jonathan Peck for the best service. He's in Dallas. He doesn't do any of this "We'll pick it up within the next 10 days" crap. He will get it TODAY enclosed, and cheaper than those other yahoos.

Here's his info:

[email protected]

Jonathan Peck
    > 214-289-8915

He delivered my 348 from Amarillo to Rockwall last week on short notice for $350 enclosed. Not too bad!

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Agreed. Jonathan Peck is the best choice.

6. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    My family owns a trucking company and has a truck going to Seattle next week...Only bad thing is that it is a flatbed so we could only blanket and tarp it down. The truck is leaving Houston on Monday, I will have some enclosed trailers going that way soon...My rates are no more than $1.50/mile, probably closer to $1 and I gaurantee that the car will get there in the condition that it is when it leaves you. You will be there when it is loaded, your brother will be there when it is unloaded...Let me know if you would like to work out something.

7. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Yes run and hide from Dependable ( they are anything but ;)) Used them to bring my Maserati Indy from Florida. I was promised a small flatbed. It came on a giant open transporter and was scratched and the door was obviously banged when they tried to open it do to the clearance. They did not make good on any insurance claim. I was "saving money" since the car needed some body work and paint anyhow. What a mistake!

I have had great look with Reliable, Horseless Carriage and Passport.

Reliable was least expensive and enclosed. The only issue I had was delivery time. They mainly move cars for the manufactures. It was kind of cool when my car arrived with the then brand new TTs that were making the dealer rounds.

8. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    MurcieMurcie,

I am on a very tight schedule. I have to show up in Long Islands on 5/3 to start my new job there on a short notice. Therefore, I need to have my car in Seattle at a certain date(4/26 at the latest) because I will be in Seattle on that day to receive the car, get it smog tested and register it in Washington state, hand it to my brother, and fly back to Texas on 4/28 for a dentist appointment, and drive to New York the next day. I already emailed Jonathan@djstransport last night. I should have an answer today, and depending what his schedule is, I might have to re-schedule my job start date a week later. Thanks for your offer.

9. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Not a problem,just let me know if it works out...If not I can get to you by noon Monday if that will work for you...let me know